Mission Statement

My mission statement:

To live my life to my fullest potential, use all my skills and knowledge to be successful in my career, and to devote plenty of time to my wife and family when we start one.

It wasn't terribly hard to develop my mission statement since I was able to come up with it in fifteen minutes. It did require a lot of thinking though about what I want to do with my life and what really matters to me. I don't know that I really liked the process we went through to develop it though. I felt that some parts of that didn't apply for example question one didn't help with my creating my mission statement. There aren't any big accomplishments in my life yet. I found it hard to answer that question too since I haven't done a whole lot as far as my career of choice (landscaping) yet. The other questions were helpful though and they got me thinking about what matters to me and what my strenghts are. In regards to my role in a team, I want to apply my full potential to the benefit of the team. Like my mission statement says I want to use all my skills and knowldge in my career especially in a group situation so that I can have an impact. As for my career, I want to be successful so that I can support my family and to do this I intend to apply all of my skill and knowledge to excel in my career and stand out as a designer. I also intend to balance work and family life and spend plenty of quality time with my family.

Posted by at September 28, 2005 11:02 AM