« environmental impact as a result of my actions | Main | The most beautiful place in the world »

Nature and the connection with happiness

I can relate my life to what Olson was talking about. I have lived in small towns most of my life. I was always involved with nature whether it be camping and the local state park or just going to a park. Moving to minneapolis has been a very different experience for me. I lived up here until i was 5 years old but it didnt create a distant connection to start out. I have always been the type of person who loves the outdoors and being in nature and it has made me a little nervous being in a big city like this. I have felt a sort of disconnection from nature. I am not just saying it i have felt like that part of me is missing since the start of the school year. The days that we have had break and i have gone home, i go back to some of the places that i know and feel that connection again. This summer will be a great experience for me. It will allow me to be able to regain the connection because i will be working as a day camp counselor and will be able to be around the nature that surrounds my town.