Use of Sources

The report from the New York Times on a Honduran drug raid was very efficient at incorporating sources and attribution. Most of the specific facts and information on the incident was sourced from spokespeople of the American Embassy, and the Drug Enforcement Agency. No specific records were listed. Some quotes were used, but most of the information was paraphrased.

As the article began to describe relevant background information and details, links were provided to other articles and sources describing U.S. involvement in Honduran drug trafficking. There was even a link to a surveillance video showing the start of a similar incident.

Overall, the attributions were effective and spread out evenly throughout the article. The links were an interesting approach, and I think they ultimately added to the depth of information given to readers. Providing links also prevented the author from having to specifically attribute every fact he listed in regards to the background of the incident.

Hi Addie: I'm glad you are getting these blog entries done. I did say I would give deductions if you clustered these all in one day. That's not the idea behind the assignment. So going forward, work on two or three through the week -- not all on Sunday. Keep going. GG