1. The Proposal for the Inquiry Project is due. Please place the following required items in a folder: both copies of the first draft brought to your writing conference with me; both copies of the second draft workshopped by your classmates; and, the final Proposal. Optional: You may also include any extra drafts you created and took to the writing center, for example.
2. You will write a creative essay, "Embodying Your Event," that will require no advance preparation. This creative piece could later be used as part of your Inquiry Project.
3. The actual Inquiry Project will be assigned and reviewed on Thursday, April 4, per the syllabus.
March 2013 Archives
1. Come to class ready for some reading and writing related to the Proposal you are now working on. No advance preparation is necessary! We will have a few guest speakers talk about their Inquiry Projects.
2. Email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) a summary of the comments and suggestions you received from your peers during the workshop of your second draft on Tuesday, March 26. Tell me which suggestions you plan to incorporate, and those you will disregard. Please explain.
Please note on the syllabus that writing conferences continue up through Tuesday, March 12, and that I will be attending a teacher conference out of town on Thursday, March 14.
Spring Break is the following week. We will meet back in class on Tuesday, March 26, at which time you will bring TWO copies of your second draft of the Proposal for a mandatory peer workshop.
See the syllabus or email me with any questions you may have. Enjoy your break!
Hello, everyone. Private writing conferences begin this Thursday and continue up through next Tuesday as scheduled on the syllabus. Please bring TWO copies of your first (rough) draft of the Proposal for the Inquiry Project to my office, 311 Nolte, for us to read and discuss.
Please note: You have the option of revising one graded assignment for a higher grade this semester. The revision must be attached to the original, graded assignment and must be turned in by our last day of class, May 9. Talk to me for details.