Project 3: Final Reflection.

Workshop.jpgThe first day of the Workshop I was in charge of video documentation. This was a very enjoyable experience, since I enjoy behind the scenes work.
me_videotaping_resize.jpgAs a mentor for the rest of the workshop I aided in the animation process with the students. We used the following programs with the students: Photoshop, Quicktime, and Garageband. In my post processing I also used Adobe Illustrator. I found myself wishing we could just focus on one or two aspects of the animation process. This would have been to the students benefit to learn a program really well rather then having to learn a completely new interface every afternoon. Even if we had just cut out Garageband they would have had more time to work on the animation. I felt like my fellow mentor and I did to much of the animating and that if the students had been given more time they could have completed the animation on their own. One of our students was absent for two weeks, which took a real toll on his creative input in the piece. When he came back he was ready to work on the piece and did everything we asked, scene wise, and brought his own ideas to the table. Our other student was a hard worker and completed all of the characters in one night with time to spare. Because of the absences she had to work even harder to get twice as much done.
Beateuy.jpgOverall I think the students had a good time and got a lot out of the experience. I know that I enjoyed teaching digital techniques.

.

This page contains a single entry by filmo002 published on November 23, 2009 8:22 PM.

Project 3: Final Animation was the previous entry in this blog.

Final Project: Media Arts Hands-on Investigation is the next entry in this blog.