A boiler exploded in Lake Harriet Community School forcing 300 students to be evacuated to a nearby fire station in temperatures close to zero degrees, reported the Star Tribune. The school houses 700 students grades three through eight, which are divided into two campuses, reported the Star Tribune.
No one was hurt, but the boiler did emit smoke and steam after its explosion, reported the Pioneer Press.
There was apparently no fire, a Minneapolis Public School spokeswoman told the Star Tribune.
School resumed after firefighters cleared the building for re-entry, reported the Star Tribune.