Ex-LAPD officer goes rogue

| No Comments | No TrackBacks

Christopher Dorner, former Naval reservist and Los Angeles police officer, has eluded authorities after assassinating a couple and ambushing police, news sources report.

The manhunt began Thursday, after Dorner was sought in connection with three shooting deaths and an attempted shootings of police officers, reported The New York Times.

In his 6,000-word "manifesto," which he posted on Facebook, Dorner outlines his plan to take revenge against police for his dismissal, reported The New York Times.

"I will bring unconventional and asymmetrical warfare" to Los Angeles Police Department officers, on or off duty, said the manifesto. It also stated: "Unfortunately, I will not be alive to see my name cleared. That's what this is about, my name. A man is nothing without his name," reported CBS News.

As the search expands, police have upped security protecting the individuals listed in the manifesto. As a result some schools have shutdown Friday in the Bernadine area, and fast food restaurants have closed up shop only allowing drive-thru customers, reported CBS News.

No TrackBacks

TrackBack URL: http://blog.lib.umn.edu/cgi-bin/mt-tb.cgi/206925