« Social design issue | Main | Freedom »

term project...Enviromental Sustainability

images.jpg

I believe that this picture gives a good explanation of what the world it like in realality. The enviroment lies in the hands of the people who use it. if a few of us mess up some of the enviroment is ruined or some people have to pick up the slack for them. i think that we need to get a firm grasp of the enviroment before it spins out of controll and we wont be able to have sustainability any more.

env-sustainability_06.jpg

In the same thought from the last picture this picture is represented in the same way. From this picture i see how the sustainability of the enviroment relies in the futures hand. By this i mean we need to teach kids about the enviroment as soon as possible to get them educated and interested in protecting it.

Bristol_env_ass.jpg

wind%20mill.jpg

In the last to picture I believe that this shows how technology can have a huge impact one enviroment sustainability. everyday there are new things being invented or tested to help protect the enviroment. one good example of this is the energy windmill , this produces energy without creating a lot of pullutants that are harmful to the enviroment. the hay bails are being used in more and more construction of homes the help raise the insulation and while being a structure at the same time.

Quotes:

"The nation behaves well if it treats the natural resources as assets which it must turn over to the next generation increased, and not impaired in value."
~Theodore Roosevelt

"It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government to save the environment."
~Ansel Adams

"We could have saved the Earth but we were too damned cheap."
~Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Songs:

The 3 Rs (Reduce, Reuse and Recycle) by Jack Johnson
-I chose this song because atleast one way people can do is reduce reuse and recycle. This was taught to me when I was little and it is a song related to kids.

Don't Go Near the Water by Johnny Cash
-I chose this song becuase the song explains how water travels down from a mountain stream that is clean and clear and then it goes through a city it is dirty and filled with toxons, resulting in dead fish and childern not being able to play in the water or eat the fish that they catch further down river.

Death of Mother Nature Suite by Kansas
-This song explains how people killed mother nature and theres nothing being done to stop it