Last Day

My final blog promt on my volunteering experience. this promt is over two weeks. in the past week i continued to grow a relationship with the kids. these last two times that i went i recently got to stay longer because i didnt have to leave early for my class. I have got a good idea on what ACES education program was and i actually helped out my leader with teaching the kids. i think that it is good that they are educating even after school is over. they still give the kids a chance to have fun after they learn. One my last day there it was hard to say good bye to the kids because i built a good bond with a few of them. Hopefully i can help out ACES again next year and maybe continue this bond with the kids and build even more.

Long time no see

It was a while since I last seen my kids that a tutor every other week. The last time that i got to see them was a week before our universtiy spring break. when we got back from break they were on their spring break so this past week was the week that we could finally go. It was good to see the kids again and they were excited to see me. we were lucky enough to have a nice day the day a went to tutor so we did our lesson and homework outside. after we finsished that we played kick play with the kids. the tutors vs the students. It was really fun because i got to feel like a kid again i havent played kick play since i was in middle school.
3kickball705.jpg
some guy i found playing kick ball

First two weeks in review

when i first was headed to my site to volunteer i wasnt very excited to go. It was a long bus ride to get to the location and i had no idea where i was going or what i was in for. After getting there i was a little intimadated by the amount of kids that were there, but then i learned that we didnt have to help them all in one big room and they were broken up in to smaller groups. After awhile i was really glad to be there becuase kids wanted our help and we got to know them very well because it was almost one tutor to every two or three kids. we got to pla learning games with the kids. they seemed to get very involved with the games which was good. In my second week there it wasnt bad at all the kids were excited to see us again and ready to work on some homework. By the end of the second week me and another volunteer had nicknames from the kids and always seemed to find a way to make them smile.