A gunman suspected of taking part in an Oakland Halloween party shooting that injured 9 people is the subject of a police search.
Several hundred people were fleeing Sweet's Ballroom early Sunday where a party called the first annual Fright Fest was being held, Oakland Police Lt. Rick Hassna told USA Today.
The ballroom employee told the Star Tribune that there had been a small fight before the shooting occurred but all those people involved had left the party.
The main target is believed to be a man who was wounded in the back, reported USA Today.
Police told the Star Tribune that most of the victims were women, ranging in age from 18 to 29, who were hit by stray bullets.