Design Swap November 14

Friday, November 14, noon to 1 p.m.
101 University International Center
Bring your lunch (beverages provided). Kitchen available.
Hosted by the Office of International Programs

From 美國明尼蘇?大學 to جامعة مينيسوتا: what does it mean to a designer?

Ever had to develop materials in more than one language? Need to appeal to a cross-cultural audience? What colors should you use? Which ones should you avoid? This session will cover the topic of design with a global audience in mind. It's a great way to usher in International Education Week (http://iew.state.gov), which is November 17-21!

Conference date set

From board member Ingrid Nuttall:

It’s never too early to save the date! Mark your calendars for May 6, 2009 for the Communicators Forum Annual Conference. It will be held at Coffman Union this year, with a reception to follow at the Weisman Art Museum. More details about speakers and other goodies will be peppering this newsletter throughout the year, so stay tuned!

Member Profile: Ross Rezac

Job title: Graphic designer
University connection: I went to the University for my B.A. and M.A. – I loved being a student. I'd like to develop working relationships at the U. My husband and I have our own graphic design business.
Areas of expertise: Identity work and logo development, books, magazines, marketing materials, Web site design
I love being a Forum member because it connects me with the University and other members in similar fields. I also enjoy the listserv questions and answers.
Family members: Husband, Marty Skoro, and two student exchange daughters from France and Germany
Hobbies: Reading, walking, going to movies, getting together with friends over dinner
Favorite TV shows: "Ugly Betty" and "Pushing Daisies." They are both refreshing and a little crazy.
I am passionate about: In my personal life – fairness and travel. In my professional life – creating effective graphic solutions for clients.
People are always surprised to learn that I used to speak Czech when I was little. I grew up in a Czech community in Southern Minnesota.