Every Monday we'll post a roundup of interesting communications news and articles from the past week. What have you been reading? Add a comment or suggest a link for next week.
- Horrifically bad software demo becomes performance art Live software demos often go awry, but what happens when the mayhem is intentional?
- The Difference Between Art and Design The subject of what separates art and design is convoluted and has been debated for a long time.
- This Two Weeks - Grizzly Bear fan video has been posted for a couple months. One of the hundreds of comments is "I'm gonna throw up this is too good."
- Master the Art of Listening and Watch All Your Relationships Thrive by Gail Brenner, Ph.D.
- President Honors Nation's Top Scientists and Innovators National Medal of Science and National Medal of Technology and Innovation are the highest honors bestowed by the U.S. government on scientists, engineers, and inventors.
- Twenty-four innovators in art, science, writing, and more are 2009 Winners Of MacArthur 'Genius Grants'.
University of Minnesota
- U of M College of Design Mentor Program Mentoring pairs create action plans which help students with career exploration, experiential learning, networking, and skill building. Time commitment is two hours per month.
- U of M showcases its new-media research resources MinnPost article on the University's Institute for New Media Studies
- Five Tips to Strengthen the Design of Your Nonprofit's Website by Jessica Teal, Design Manager for the Obama presidential campaign
- 10 Useful Usability Findings and Guidelines was #1 on popacular.com (a list of the most popular bookmarks from delicious.com)
- 13 Web-Safe Fonts at the Core of Web Typography List of fonts installed on over 90% of computers
- 1000+ Drupal web sites with case studies