Emotions Survey - Valid?

http://www.gallup.com/poll/158882/singapore-ranks-least-emotional-country-world.aspx

I thought it was intriguing to see a poll that measured how emotional a country was. Singapore is reported as having the least emotions but I don't think the researchrs took into account their cultural values. Many asian cultures do not show emotions or talk about emotions with strangers, this may have affected the way they answered the questions in the survey. Not reporting the possiblity of a cultural difference I think was irresponsible of Gallup.

They did, however, come to the conclusion that Latin American countries have a higher rate of positive emotions than most of the world. This I learned in my Intercultural Communication class is because they live in the moment. They don't work for a goal, or for inner peace, they work for the present.

Surveys like this should be taken with a grain of salt because every culture varies and everyone shows emotions differently.