« Website Study - Week 2 Assignment | Main | Website Terms - Week 2 Assignment »

Bout User Interfaces in Gaming - Week 3

Okay, so I really like to play basketball video games, and I found a UI that really sucks, well it doesn't really suck, but its a pain in the butt sometimes. Okay so the game would be College Hoops 2K7 for XBOX 360 that I'm complaining about. In the game the menu is accessed using the right trigger of the controller. When you access the menu its basically just a simple drop down menu, but there is one big problem I have with it and thats that you can never just go back to the previous menu, you have to constantly go back to the main menu and then go back through the menus to get to the screen before the sub menu you happened to be in. I think its really a stupid thing to do, because when you're switching game options on the fly while you're playing you don't want to get deep into a substitution menu and then have to go back to the main menu all the time and have to select all the menus again to get back to the subs menu. Its really annoying, but I felt it would be easily tamed by just letting the user push a back button to go to previous menus, easy, yes....