« Iranian official continue to deny growing nuclear technology. | Main | Minnesota Wild fall to Columbus Blue Jackets »

Protesters voice their disagreement with war at state capitol.

Reuters is reporting that thousands of anti-war protesters marched in front of the U.S Capitol on Saturday to protest the war in Iraq. "When I served in the war, I thought I was serving honorably. Instead, I was sent to war ... for causes that have proved fraudulent," said a Reuter's source.

Jane Fonda and Susan Sarandon were among the protesters at the U.S Capitol on Saturday, according to CNN. Moriah Arnold, a sixth-grader form Harvard, Mass. spoke to the crowd: "Now we know our leaders either lied to us or hid the truth. Because of our actions, the rest of the world sees us as a bully and a liar."

MSNBC pointed out that the protest happened on the same day that seven U.S. soldiers were killed in Iraq.

The Washington Post said that some of the protesters present at the march were protest veterans from the 1960s and '70s. Some protestors plan to extend their stay in the Capitol to lobby their representatives in Congress.