Workshops @ Walter Sept 28-Oct 2

My fellow engineering librarian Jon Jeffryes' knack for finding great Creative Commons images for blog posts never fails to impress me. He claims to love doing this, so I'm not even going to feel guilty about copying and pasting his weekly-or-so posts about our upcoming workshops. Thanks Jon!

Here's a list of library workshops coming up next week at Walter Library. If you have any questions or would like more information about any of the offerings, send me an email.

Create Posters Using PowerPoint
Poster Show.jpg
(Image comes from ragesoss via Flickr. CC)

We'll give you the tools to make a classy poster for your next presentation--be it in class, at a conference or a departmental meeting. We'll show you how to use PowerPoint to create a poster as one giant slide that can be easily sent to a large-scale printer. We'll also provide you with some best practices in designing your poster so that you have an eye-catching document that's easy to understand.

Monday, September 28
1:30-2:15
Walter Library 310

Web Tools For Working Collaboratively

Collaboratively.jpg

An introduction and overview of great online collaborative tools that you can use in your work with colleagues...whether they're across the ocean or across the hall.

Tuesday, September 29
1:30-2:30
Walter Library 310

Engineering: Find Better Information Faster

Engineering Information.jpg
(Image from Calistobreeze via Flickr. CC).

In this workshop we'll give you an overview and some hands-on experience finding quality engineering research. We'll discuss finding peer-reviewed journal articles from Engineering Village and Web of Science as well as searching for more technical information in patent and standards databases.

Wednesday, September 30
2:30-3:30
Walter Library 310

For more, or to register for any workshop, visit our website.

Can't make it to Walter? Check out our growing list of tutorials, recorded workshops, and self-paced workshops.