Minnesota Wild goalie diagnosed with MS

Minnesota Wild goaltender Josh Harding contacted numerous teammates Wednesday to inform them of his diagnosis of multiple sclerosis, the Pioneer Press said.
"I don't look at this like I've got to take a new path," said Harding, 28, drafted 10 years ago by the Wild and months off signing a new three-year contract, the Star Tribune reported. "This is a little bump in the road. I've had lots in life."
Multiple sclerosis is "an incurable autoimmune disease in which the body randomly attacks and eats away the protective lining of his nerves and causes them to scar. It causes problems with balance, fatigue and blurred vision. There are 25,000 new cases diagnosed in the United States every year," the Star Tribune said.
Harding hopes to keep moving forward and expects no sympathy.
"I feel good," Harding said. "I've been skating for a couple of weeks, three or four times a week. I still have a little bit of a way to go, but I'm definitely on track," he told the Pioneer Press.