Recently in basketball Category

Kobe Bryant reaches 30000 points

Kobe Bryant notched his 30,000th point on a short jump shot Wednesday night in New Orleans against the Hornets, the Huffington Post reported.
Bryant is just the fifth player in NBA history to reach the plateau, ESPN said.
"It's just a tremendous honor," Bryant told reporters, ESPN said. "I don't really know how else to put it. I've just been very, very fortunate."
Bryant scored 29 in the game. The Lakers defeated the Hornets 103-87.

Shabazz Muhammad eligible to play for UCLA

The NCAA reinstated UCLA freshman Shabazz Muhammad Friday, making him eligible for action immediately, the USA Today reported.
Muhammad had previously been ruled ineligible for receiving improper benefits during his recruiting process, USA Today said.
Muhammad's first game as a Bruin will be Monday, when UCLA takes on Georgetown.
"I am excited to be able to play for UCLA starting next Monday," Muhammad said, CBS Sports reported. "My family and friends were very supportive of me throughout this process and I couldn't have gone through this without them."

James Harden traded to Houston

The Oklahoma City Thunder agreed to terms on a deal Saturday night with the Rockets to send guard James Harden to Houston.
The complete terms of the deal include Harden, Lazar Hayward, Daequan Cook and Cole Aldrich going to Houston with the Thunder receiving rookie Jeremy Lamb, Kevin Martin and three future draft picks, Yahoo Sports said.
The Thunder decided to trade the 2011-12 NBA Sixth Man of the year when contract talks broke down Harden would have become a free agent after the season.
"We wanted to sign James to an extension, but at the end of the day, these situations have to work for all those involved," Thunder general manager Sam Presti said to ESPN. "Our ownership group again showed their commitment to the organization with several significant offers."

This page is an archive of recent entries in the basketball category.

baseball is the previous category.

Black Friday is the next category.