Recently in election Category

Analysis- Culture

For my analysis on a feature of a different cultural group, I used the following article http://www.sacbee.com/2012/11/13/4980759/hmong-find-a-voice-on-school-board.html.

This article does a nice job of pointing out the angle of the story, which is this Hmong man gaining representation for his community on the school board, and shifts to Steve Ly's personal story and all he has suffered through in his life. They story assimilates Ly into the minds of the readers from this Hmong man to a colorless citizen who has simply accomplished great things.

The sources used for the story include Ly, which is important to show his true character and personality. The other source is a fellow school board member, who talked about welcoming him onto the board with open arms, treating him with the same respect as anyone else.

Donald Trump not sorry for post-election rant

Donald Trump stands behind his Twitter comments made Tuesday following Barack Obama's re-election.
Trump's "tweets" criticized the electoral college, called the election a sham and even called for revolution, Syracuse.com reported.
Trump is not concerned with his critics.
"The fact is that there's a large group of people who like Donald Trump and what Donald Trump says. I have no regrets," Trump said to Bloomberg Businessweek, Atlanta Black Star reported. "I've been well-received. I will have way over 2 million Twitter followers shortly."

Mitt Romney has moved within three points of President Obama, a Star Tribune poll showed.
The poll shows Obama at 47 percent, with Romney at 44 percent. The president was a full eight points ahead of Romney as of last month, The Washington Post reported.
The poll maintained Obama's advantage with women and Romney's advantage with men, CNN reported.
Both candidates have recently bumped up their ad campaigns in the state, though Obama's party does not think Minnesota will be a problem for the president, an advisor told the Post.

This page is an archive of recent entries in the election category.

education is the previous category.

entertainment is the next category.