Recently in hockey Category

Minnesota Wild goalie diagnosed with MS

Minnesota Wild goaltender Josh Harding contacted numerous teammates Wednesday to inform them of his diagnosis of multiple sclerosis, the Pioneer Press said.
"I don't look at this like I've got to take a new path," said Harding, 28, drafted 10 years ago by the Wild and months off signing a new three-year contract, the Star Tribune reported. "This is a little bump in the road. I've had lots in life."
Multiple sclerosis is "an incurable autoimmune disease in which the body randomly attacks and eats away the protective lining of his nerves and causes them to scar. It causes problems with balance, fatigue and blurred vision. There are 25,000 new cases diagnosed in the United States every year," the Star Tribune said.
Harding hopes to keep moving forward and expects no sympathy.
"I feel good," Harding said. "I've been skating for a couple of weeks, three or four times a week. I still have a little bit of a way to go, but I'm definitely on track," he told the Pioneer Press.

NHL cancels 2013 Winter Classic

The NHL cancelled the 2013 Winter Classic between the Detroit Redwings and the Toronto Maple Leafs, the league announced Friday, ESPN said.
The game was scheduled to take place on New Year's day at the University of Michigan's football field in Ann Arbor, ESPN said.
"We simply are out of time," NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly told the LA Times. "We are extremely disappointed, for our fans and for all those affected, to have to cancel the Winter Classic and Hockeytown Winter Festival events."
The Winter Classic is just one of many games that have been cancelled due to the NHL's player lockout. For many fans and players though, canceling the event puts the entire season in real jeopardy.
"It's definitely very disappointing," Red Wings goaltender Jimmy Howard said to the Times about the classic. "Not only was I looking forward to it but so were all my friends and family. It was going to be a great event not just for us but all the businesses and hotels and fans excited to see us and Toronto play."

This page is an archive of recent entries in the hockey category.

health is the previous category.

holidays is the next category.