Recently in Los Angeles Category

Kobe Bryant reaches 30000 points

Kobe Bryant notched his 30,000th point on a short jump shot Wednesday night in New Orleans against the Hornets, the Huffington Post reported.
Bryant is just the fifth player in NBA history to reach the plateau, ESPN said.
"It's just a tremendous honor," Bryant told reporters, ESPN said. "I don't really know how else to put it. I've just been very, very fortunate."
Bryant scored 29 in the game. The Lakers defeated the Hornets 103-87.

Shabazz Muhammad eligible to play for UCLA

The NCAA reinstated UCLA freshman Shabazz Muhammad Friday, making him eligible for action immediately, the USA Today reported.
Muhammad had previously been ruled ineligible for receiving improper benefits during his recruiting process, USA Today said.
Muhammad's first game as a Bruin will be Monday, when UCLA takes on Georgetown.
"I am excited to be able to play for UCLA starting next Monday," Muhammad said, CBS Sports reported. "My family and friends were very supportive of me throughout this process and I couldn't have gone through this without them."

Suspect identified in Inglewood shooting

A suspect was identified by Police Saturday in the shooting of a five-person family in Inglewood, Cal.
Desmond John Moses, 55, is still at large, Inglewood Police Chief Mark Fronterotta said, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Moses is suspected to have shot fives members of the family, killing two, when he entered their home at 4 a.m. Saturday morning, the LA Times reported.
Moses is described as a Haitian man who reportedly was in a quarrel with the family and rents a home behind theirs, NBC Los Angeles said.
"I am directly appealing to Mr. Moses to turn himself in," Fronterotta told NBC LA. "At the same time, we are aggressively looking for Mr. Moses in connection with this crime."

This page is an archive of recent entries in the Los Angeles category.

legal is the previous category.

lottery is the next category.