Recently in texas Category

Former President George HW Bush stable in hospital

President George HW Bush is in the hospital for Bronchitis-related complications and is in stable condition, the hospital said Thursday, Reuters reported.
Bush, 88, has stayed at Houston's Methodist Hospital for the past six days. He has a "lingering cough", spokesman Jim McGrath told CNN.
"President Bush has been in and out of The Methodist Hospital in the Texas Medical Center being treated for complications related to his bronchitis," Bush's office said in a statement released by the hospital, Reuters reported. "He is in stable condition, and is expected to be released within the next 72 hours."

Vick goes down with injury in Eagles' loss

The Philadelphia Eagles suffered a 38-23 defeat at the hands of the Dallas Cowboys at Lincoln Financial Field Sunday as quarterback Michael Vick left the game with a concussion, USA Today said.
Vick went down following a sack in the second quarter, The Score said. Rookie Nick Foles replaced Vick.
Cowboys' quarterback Tony Romo threw for 209 yards and two touchdowns on the afternoon, The Score said. Dallas improved to 4-5 with the win.

Hand gluing mother sentenced to 99 years in prison

The Dallas mother who glued her two-year-old daughter's hands to a wall, has been sentenced to 99 years in prison.

Elizabeth Escalona, 23, sat motionless Friday as her verdict was delivered, reported WFAA.

"You savagely beat your child to the edge of death," said State District Judge Larry Mitchell as he read his verdict. "For this, you must be punished."

Escalona attacked two-year-old Jocelyn Cedillo because of potty-training issues. She pleaded guilty in July to felony injury to a child, said CBSNews.

"I kicked her, I hit her, I kicked her constantly," Escalona said in her defense Wednesday. "I'm not a monster. I'm not what everyone thinks I am," reported WFAA.

This page is an archive of recent entries in the texas category.

television is the previous category.

weather is the next category.