Close-Out

We held a brief close-out meeting for the Publication Order Form project. A few things are worth calling out and applying to future projects.

  • Technology problems blew our timeline utterly. While not of our making and beyond our control, we could have conducted a more sober assessment of the technological hurdles before we began the project. Having done a more thorough assessment of risk, we would have budgeted more time and planned for contingencies.
  • We didn't communicate enough. I stopped reporting to stakeholders once the project was delayed. It's hard to communicate when there's no progress. Rather than take the no-news-is-bad-news approach, I should have continued to send periodic updates.