I read the University State of Emergency: Human Resources Implications of Pandemic Influenza. These are the responsibilities of the employee:
- Provides department with current emergency contact information, and updates it on an on-going basis.
To whom do I provide this info?
- Discusses alternative work arrangements such as working from home or another location in case of a State of Emergency with the responsible administrator supervisor.
I can work remotely. I have my own laptop loaded with many of the same applications. I can check email, voicemail and connect securely to the servers and network. I would not be able to connect to user computers because I do not have my own copy of Apple Remote Desktop. Nor would I be able to process Contribute updates and make them live on the website because I do not have my own copy of Contribute.
The nature of my work is well-suited to working remotely. I can load my computer with all the raw materials and crank away.
- Contacts department to determine need to report for work.
Just tell me who to contact and with what frequency.
- If approved by the department, reports for work when able and appropriate, whether on campus, at home, or at another location.
- If unable to report to work, updates department of condition or whereabouts as soon as possible.
- Communicates specific requests and needs to department.