Wireframes

Submit new ticket workflow for users

Users: Submit New Ticket

Users link to this page from the OIP Technology Knowledge Base. The page requires authentication via CAH. The form will automatically populate their internet ID.

Users: Track Tickets

After submitting a ticket, users are conducted to the My Tickets page displaying a list of all their tickets by status and date submitted. On the detail page they can do two things: withdraw the ticket or add to the notes. When adding a note, the user has the option to have the note sent as as an email to others. Emails will have a link back to the ticket. Our workflow will encourage everyone to use the notes section rather than corresponding directly via email. This way all information regarding the ticket is in a single, central, accessible location.

Track tickets workflow for users

IT Staff: Track Tickets

The audience for this interface is exactly 3 people who all happen to have iPod Touches — Christopher, Patrick and Soni. We three are often in meetings or away from our computers and phones and cannot conveniently launch FileMaker, check email or log into a web site. The mobile interface gives just enough functionality to keep tickets moving through the pipeline. These functions can be performed discreetly while sitting in a meeting, working remotely or walking across campus. Behind CAH? Not sure yet but probably yes.

The first function is adding a note to a ticket. It will work the same as described above including the option to have the note sent as an email.

Track tickets on iPhone workflow for IT staff

IT Staff: Assign Tickets

A quick and effective way to triage tickets as they come in is an important element of good technical support. So the second function in the mobile interface is the ability to assign new tickets. This interface gives IT staff an easy way to dispatch others to work on a ticket. The assignee is automatically sent an email notification.

Assign tickets on iPhone workflow for IT staff

The mobile interface does not attempt to deliver the same functionality as the full web site or the back-end database. It will only show open tickets and will group them by assignee. There's no ability to search, close or edit the ticket. The mobile interface focuses solely on keeping the ticket moving while key staff are away from their desk.

IT Staff and Students: Track Tickets

These next two workflows describe the web interface for IT staff and their student workers. In addition to assigning a ticket and adding a note, IT can close tickets and edit other information about the ticket. IT can also search and access closed tickets. The intention of the web interface is to give IT tools to manage and solve tickets when they're in the field.

Track tickets workflow for IT staff Search tickets workflow for IT staff

IT Staff: Database Interface

The database interface is meant to be used by IT staff only. The database delivers all the functionality of the web and mobile interfaces plus allows more robust searching and reporting.

Got verbal "looks good" from Patrick.

Soni,
This looks great. Obviously we will nail down the specific fields, value lists, etc.

I especially like the iPod feature! This will be very helpful.

I am wondering if we can work the resource checkout into this or build a different system. I will give it some more thought.....

I think the Resource Checkout solution is big enough to merit it's own project. To add it now is to delay launching this solution. Besides, I think the two - support ticket, resource checkout - are different enough in users' minds to tackle separately.

Yes. I agree about the resource checkout. My thought was that parts of the process are similar, both are services we provide that need tracking by both IT staff and the users. And the whole one-stop-shop ideology....

In looking at the Statement of Work, I approve that document as indicating the work to be done for this project.