You are Christopher or Patrick. Your job is to:
- triage new tickets by assigning them to the appropriate IT person (in some cases, that may be yourself).
- provide direction as necessary to help others resolve tickets
- as a manager, it is also your job to follow-up and make sure tickets are resolved properly and in a timely manner.
- Launch your mobile app and assign a ticket to either Shehan, Josh, Soni or yourself.
- Navigate to https://oipsecure.umn.edu/support/opentickets.php and assign a ticket to either Shehan, Josh, Soni or yourself.
- Launch the FileMaker database and assign a ticket to either Shehan, Josh, Soni or yourself.
- Were you required to authenticate in the mobile app?
- Were you required to authenticate in the web browser?
- Were you able to log into the database with your own credentials, not the admin?
- Did you recieve an e-mail alert for each ticket you assigned to yourself?
- Do the e-mails you receive also include links for your mobile device?
Now that you've assigned several tickets, we (Josh, Shehan and I) will use the system to resolve them. Keep checking your mobile app to make sure tickets are resolved in a timely manner. Try using all three interfaces to post a note on a ticket.