« Giving Thanks | Main | Selling Back Books »

Holiday Break Cannot Come Soon Enough

I have no doubt that many of you are in the eye of the storm of finals. It is by far one of the most challenging times in your college life. People are frantically trying to study and cram the information from 15 weeks in over a few days. I just had my third final as of last night with two more to go. I always feel the last couple are the most stressful primarily because they tend to be for the courses I find most challenging as well as you have the sights of a month-break within your reach.

I cannot say that I will miss this high-tensioned period however I am finding myself becoming a little nostalgic that this period of my life is coming to an end. After this set of finals I will only have next semester’s left and I will officially be done. You think it would fill a person with relief however, I think about all the great, not at the moment, experiences that have happened. On memory being the long hours at the library with friends, which in my case would usually induce some craziness where we would come up with ‘quiet’ schemes to distract one another. Another fond memory is the cruel and unusual coffee concoctions we would come up with in order to stay up until the wee hours of the morning.

I know it is difficult to take in and enjoy these currently somewhat painful times but try to remember that this too shall pass and when they do you will not remember what class you were studying for, or how hard it was, but instead the small moments shared with friends. Good luck and caffeinate often!

awesome cup.jpg