As we all know, this election is a very important one if not the most important one of all time. With all of the baby boomers' children now of age to vote, and them being a large majority of the United States population...we need to exercise our right to vote to the max! This is so important for the future of all of us! There are a few things to remember:
* You may not use going to vote as an excuse to miss class time! This may seem like the perfect opportunity to skip out on lecture legitimately, but it is against the rules! According to the Minnesota daily
, the University of Minnesota's policy on Makeup Work for Legitimate Absences states that skipping out of class to go vote is not a good excuse, and that you need to work around class to go vote. However, many people around campus and myself are predicting that this rule may be loosely enforced on November 4th.
* The polls at the University of Minnesota will be open 13 hours on the 4th for your convenience. And you are able to register on the day of elections. These are to make voting easy and convenient, so no excuses!
* You can vote if you are:
* A U.S. citizen
* 18 years old or older on Election Day
* a Minnesota resident for at least 20 days before election day
* a resident of your precinct on Election Day
* not a convicted felon deprived of your civil rights
* not under "guardianship of the person"
* not legally incompetent
Happy Voting on Tuesday, November 4th!