« September 2011 | Main | November 2011 »

October 26, 2011

4-H Horse PDC Meeting October 25 2011

CWC Horse 4-H PDC Meeting 10/25/11Meeting called to order by Chairperson Tyler Blazek
Secretary minutes read and approved
Treasurer report read and approved
SUB-COMMITTEES


  • Each gave a report and explained what their committee was, a new signup sheets were passed around.

  • Hippology/Judging: Will start around May.

  • Clinics: Looking for new ideas for clinic topics and instructors

  • Drill Team: Plans for starting earlier this year-like Feb. Talked about having their "leads" be people who can commit to every practice through the state show.

  • Fun Show: This committee should consider ordering ribbons during winter months to get a large discount.

  • Milk Booth: Need to discuss changes with milk booth with any changes to the fair format this year. It was brought up that if we have our show at a different date apart from the fair, we could also work the milk booth Tues and Wed also, if we get enough workers. Would it be cheaper to buy milk by the gallon instead of by bladders?

  • Horse Handbook/Premium Book: Tanya and Tammy will make changes/update to these.

  • Horse Bowl: Everything is going great so far, two meetings done and next meeting is Fri, 10/28, 6:30 at Benvelle. Binders are all put together, most have been checked out by members for the season; the bill for the binders has been submitted and was $114.09.

  • Achievement/Records: Will think about doing an informational "clinic" before summer starts to help newer members.

  • Participation Points: Started tallying, tried posting them online in the past but nobody used it. Maybe could be posted on the Facebook page to be more accessible?

  • Western Heritage: no report this month

  • Decorations/Stall Curtains: new committee this year.

  • Orientation: Motion was made by Tammy Blazek to have the PDC officers coordinate orientation. Alexis Visser seconded.

OLD BUSINESS-County Fair scheduling- Becker family went to the fairboard meeting and presented the idea of moving the show to a separate date. The fairboard wants to keep the show during the fair so horses will be there for the public to see. It may still be possible, but there are several contingencies. (Horses would have to be brought back and stalled during the fair or premiums/state trips forfeited, etc). What would we do during those days of the fair if we didn't have a show? Sarah D from the fairboard pointed out we could try it for one year to see if it works. Tyler expressed her opinion that she would like to keep the show during the fair because friends come to watch. Alexis brought up that the northwest regional western heritage competition is sometimes the weekend before the fair (conflict of dates). Alexis brought up the idea of switching game and pleasure days so kids showing rabbits could show them on Tues, and run their games out of normal placing (this would be a special exception). It has been stressed that we are only considering moving the show so that kids may have the opportunity to show other animals at the fair if they would like to in addition to horses.

-Horse budget due by Nov 15th-Tanya will work with the new treasurer (Lauren Crabtree) to develop a budget for 2011-2012 for the Horse PDC.

-Dec 5th training-Tammy moved to have the new officers (Alexis, Tyler, Kiana, Lauren) attend this training to represent horse PDC. They will bring beverages to share with other PDCs. Shelby Reeser seconded.

NEW BUSINESS-Election of Officers-Tammy moved to accept the new slate of officers, being Alexis Visser as chair, Tyler Blazek as vice-chair, Kiana Dusek as secretary, and Lauren Crabtree as Treasurer. Jasmine D'Ambrosio seconded.
-Cloverbud classes at fair-new Cloverbuds enrolled this year want classes at the fair. What classes can we have for them? Tammy moved to table until Jeanne clarifies the rules with Brad Rugg. Tyler seconded.
-Yearly planning- planned when each subcommittee would meet and what topics to bring up each month. We also need to decide what meetings we want Jeanne at.
-Dan Patch-Alexis pointed out that it is time to think about applying for Dan Patch/or the State Youth Leadership Trip. Talk to her to find out more information if you are interested, or look on the state horse website.
-Heather can keep the Land Services Building open each month for meetings if Jeanne is not there. This will be our standard location.
-Kerri Beach brought up that we should consider being in the 4th of July parade as a PDC
-Jeanne made a point that we should think about ways to spend our money on educational opportunities for our members; i.e. horse camps, Winter Round-Up.

UPCOMING DATESNovember 29-Horse PDC meeting 7 pm, sub-committees at 6:30 pm, Land Services Building.
December 5-Statewide animal science training (webinar) for PDCs, 6:30 pm Land Services Building

Lauren Crabtree moved to adjourn. Haven Bernansky seconded.

October 17, 2011

4-H Dog PDC - October Meeting

Dog PDC Meeting
October 8th, 2011 9:00am
Gander Mountain

The Dog PDC meeting was called to order by President Cheyenne Wilson. No secretary's report was given. Treasurer's report was given by Teri Butler. The balance was $1360.13. There are outstanding bills of $225.00 for state registrations, $92.69 for the pictures for the booth, and $40 for milk bladders that we owe the Horse PDC. That would leave a balance of $1002.44.

Old Business:
• The county show was discussed and everyone thought it went well. It was discussed having rally in the livestock area in case of rain and to maybe make the show go faster since that could start without waiting to take down the agility equipment first. The kids liked the judges.
• Rachel and Frank Danielson were thanked for putting up the fair booth. They did an excellent job and many positive comments were heard.
• State Dog results were given and the members who went gave a report on what they liked and thought what could be improved. It was mentioned that we should keep in mind that we will need a couple of raffle items next year so be thinking about that.

New Business:
• Election of officers was held. Cheyenne Wilson was elected president, Sheridan Wilson was elected vice president, Rachel Danielson was elected secretary and Teri Butler and Donna Wilson were elected leaders.
• The inventory that Jeanne needs was went over and corrected and a budget for the new year was planned.
• Fall Volunteer training was discussed and Rachel, Laura and the Kreutzfeldts volunteered to attend.
• Winter training at the Hunt Club in Pequot Lakes was discussed and Donna said she would check on it and see if we would be able to use their facilities. We would like to use it one every 3 weeks starting in January.
• Knowledge Bowl was discussed and there is interest in having a team. Cheyenne Wilson volunteered to be the coach. More will be discussed at our next meeting.
• We discussed what we would like to do next year and Dog Bite Safety was brought up and we may see if we could revive that program.
• We discussed what we would need to purchase for next year. We will need a new roll of snow fence, a mat or mats for obedience, a solid jump for obedience and a double jump for agility. We will try to make the jumps ourselves.

Meeting was adjourned

Members in attendance: Donna, Cheyenne, and Sheridan Wilson, Teri and Erin Butler, Marena Hammer, Sandy and Laura Halverson, Frank and Rachel Danielson, Seth, Esther, Joshua, and Lynn Kreutzfeldt

October 14, 2011

CWC Livestock PDC meeting - October 2011

Submitted by Stephanie SeglerLivestock PDC Oct. 13, 2011 Minutes

Brian Sweet called to order the meeting. There was no secretary report. Treasurer's Report was
read by Stephanie Segler. Ending Balance $5,289.96, bills were submitted from NE Livestock.
Becky Moe made a motion to get all the bills paid from NE Livestock show. There is a Deposit
to be made of $500.00 for Wal‐mart Foundation donation for employee volunteer time. Other
bills were $100 premier showmanship, $2100 for State Fair Scholarships, and $2000 for NE
Show. Scholarships need to be transferred to Federation. No Report for Livestock
Ambassadors. NE Livestock show review - things for improvement - Wendy Holder suggested
having all Exhibitors at on hotel, Steve Moe said the committee has already addressed this for
next year and reserved the whole hotel. The bill has been submitted to NE Show Regional
Committee for $3894.00 and Ticket Sales for $652.00 to be paid to the PDC. Stalling or barn
cleaning needs to be addressed for next year, so that the Counties traveling the farthest need
to get going quicker. Spaghetti Fundraiser - Carl Larson will contact Becky Lapka about
contacting the church for use of the facilities and dates in March for the event. Carl Larson also
suggested getting the Food license for the 3 events ‐ Spaghetti Fundraiser, Rabbit Fun Show,
and NE Livestock for next year. Jeanne will be printing up the tickets 1 month ahead. Also
would like advertising to be done. Kathy Segler will fill out the Income Generation and Final
fundraiser forms. A committee was not set up at this time. Everyone should start getting
Auction items. Scholarship clarifications were needed for working at events for scholarships.
Becky made Motion that the Family needed to put in 4 hours and that a parent could work in
place of the youth. Motion seconded by Carl Larson. Election of officers took place with Austin
Moe as President, Billy Segler as V.P., Stephanie Segler as Secretary, and Athena Moe as
Treasurer. Yearly planning needed to be done for the new year. Steve Moe suggested keeping
things the way they were set up from the previous year, that everything had worked just fine.
Budget needs to be turned in by Nov 30th ‐ Kathy Segler will take care of this. Inventory needed
to be done also, nothing had changed except the purchase of the rabbit bowls for State fair.
Other business - Candy Larson and Kathy Segler volunteered to judge the Livestock records -
Stephanie and Kathy Segler will attend the Fall Volunteer Training on Sat. Oct. 15th. There will
be a Dec. 5 meeting on PDC Training at the Extension office 6:30‐9:30. Becky thought it would
be a good thing for all officers to attend this. Next PDC Meeting Jan. 11 at Brainerd Public
Utilities @ 7pm

October 5, 2011

CWC Federation - Sept meeting minutes

Federation_Minutes 9-26-11.pdf