My last blog :(

I must admit that I am very sad to write my last blog. I recently found out that when you Google my name my blog shows up. Never before have I been so special as to have my name show up on Google. But with that said, my favorite part of the class was the blog. Everyone complained about it but I thought of it as my special way of communicating what I was thinking about the class. I think that one blog a week is appropriate, and two would be too many. I think it would be more helpful if you showed people how to blog in class. Blogs are new to most people and I do not think that most people caught on right away.

I really enjoyed reading The Tipping Point. I was disappointed that not many people read the book because I thought discussion could have been a little better. But overall I still took a lot out of the book personally. It was my second favorite thing in class after the blogs.

When you told us at the beginning of the semester that this class was going to be the most important class we ever take at the university I kind of sat back and rolled my eyes. But I have to really agree with that statement. I learnt a lot about myself. I can look at myself and know who I am, strengths and weakness, and if I where to rewrite my first blog I could say twice as much as I originally did. I made some great friends and I enjoyed their company, and I really enjoyed myself. I have taken so much more out of this class than I could have ever expected and I want to thank you for that.

Posted by at at 11:02 PM

I depend on other people to help me out of a rut. I have a good group of friends that I do not see often but we remain very close, and when ever I am having a problem and feel like things are never going to change, I pick up the phone and give them a call.

I tend to stay with things I think are safe and I like to stick with things that I know the most. I believe that change is good, but I am a strong believer in tradition. I would like to be an innovator but I know that that is just not me. I rely on my friends to shake things up and keep me up to date with things.

Posted by at at 6:24 PM

The Tipping Point

I believe hybrid cars are at their tipping point. Between heavy television advertising and celebrity endorsements I believe the cars will become widely popular. The hybrid car is a perfect example for the book. At first the car was only for extreme enviromental junkies like my cousin Paul who lives in Portland. He is an innovator. He had the car about nine years ago when I didn't even know they exsisted. Then you had the early adaptors like some big name celebrities who drive the car to be the first. Now the car is more common for average people to drive. You even see many soccer moms driving the new Lexus hybrid SUV. Hybrid cars like huss puppies in the book are going to be the new coolest thing on the market very soon. I know I want one and I am one of the last people to join a trend.

Posted by at at 2:48 PM

I enjoy reading the book "Tipping Point." This book has made me think alot about the world and where I fit in. The book reminds me of who I am not. Meaning that since I am not a connector, a maven or a salesmen I wonder where do I fit into the picture of life. I wonder if I will ever cause something great to happen. I wonder if I could ever make an idea a national bestseller like Gladwell. I am not one of the chosen few, and I wonder as I keep reading the book if Gladwell will ever answer the question "Where does everyone else fit in?"

Posted by at at 10:43 PM

This was my most successful team project I have ever completed. I was aware of the roles in the group, and the role I traditionally play (the pleaser) and I avoided being the pleaser for this team. I had opionions and ideas for the project but I was also aware that I can often be over powering, and I restrained myself from speaking until I thought about my comments. I found myself to be motivated for the project because I wanted to help my team members out. I really enjoyed working with them and I thought we were very successful in the end. I can truely see how this class is important, and how all people should be aware of the team process. I will look back on this class in my future and continously apply it to my life.

Posted by at at 7:36 PM

Breeze

I really enjoyed Breeze. I thought it was easy and fun to use. I was sitting in the comfort of my home, cooking lunch and talking to everyone. I thought we made good progress in our project. I hope in my future I will be able to utilize this software. If I become an analyst it will help me communicate with clients that are often located over seas. I see this as a better form of communication than email or the telephone.

Posted by at at 5:36 PM

All Done!

I have enjoyed Goleman's book. At first I was a huge skeptic and over all his style of writing annoys me, but I have taken valueable things out of the book, such as his five personal and social competiencies. The paper that we have wrote really forced me to look critically at myself and think about what I really want out of life and work. Goleman's book is about team work, but I have learned that the most important part of the team is yourself, and how you conduct yourself around others, this was a much needed life lesson.

Posted by at at 11:13 PM

Alittle Behind

I am a week behind in the blogs. So this blog is for week six. Out of the five dysfunctional roles Fujishin has stated I am most worried about being the "pleaser." Fujishin states this person is "generally uncomfortable asserting opinions, defending postions, and sharing feelings (Fujishin 34)." If I could summarize myself this would be it. I am very task orientated and I often I just want to complete the task so fast that I will not try to stop the flow of things getting done. This leads me to be the pleaser. I think that as long as I am aware of this I can begin to work on it.

Posted by at at 11:06 PM

It's me; in one sentence!

My personal statement: To live a simple, healthy life full of fun, and happiness. I did not like making a personal statement. I felt like I was cutting my self short. It seemed like I had to summarize myself in just one or two sentences and I felt like I was far more complex than that. I want more out of life than just fun and happiness. People write whole books about what they want out of life, and I would rather do that.

Posted by at at 9:29 AM

Learning about me?

Fijishin chapter on knowing yourself was very interesting to me. I learned that I did not really know who I was. That's scary to think of, but when it comes down to things I tend to tedder to both sides of the pole. When in doubt I go back to my sign, Libra, and libras are very indeceisive, and for right now, I am okay with that.

Posted by at at 11:34 AM