Readings Ch. 2&3

This reading goes into depths of styles of layouts and reasoning for layouts that I have not thought of yet and am sure others also haven't taken into there deign process. It looks at how important of a step it is to choose a correct layout for our design process. While we all know the effects our layout will have, I have noticed there is little thought as to why exactly we chose a layout, at least on my part. After reading this however, I think that I will take into more consideration the purpose of the layout I chose.

The second reading seems to consider these elements of the grid and spacing more than the first. This reading does a good job explaining why we choose which layout. It also implies a few applications or setting these different grids and ways of organization can be used. As of this point I think I'm am going to use a single column of text and image.

This page contains a single entry by gagne039 published on April 15, 2010 2:18 PM.

Mood Board was the previous entry in this blog.

Ch. 4: Elements of Layout is the next entry in this blog.