« DVD Studio Pro Tutorials | Main | Visiting Artist Response: Trisha Brown »

Final Project Proposal

For my final project, I would like to attempt to film my senior piece I have created for my Senior Seminar class. It is a 9 minute dance piece that was created based on the inspiration of home, and rather than filming it through the lens of audience and performer line, I want to experiment methods to draw the viewer closer to the dance. The traditional way of filming at the line of audience and performer, video tends to strip all ornaments such as costumes and lighting and makes the dance seem bare. To avoid that, I would have to film close-ups throughout the dance, and focus more on the emotional side of dancers.
I’m hoping for a miracle that there is a sunny day that ALL of my seven dancers can meet together, but I plan to shoot this by the park next to the Guthrie Theater where there is a hill and pathways which I think it would be scenic and perfect for my piece. I would like to try long shots and close-ups from multiple angels so the dance would have to be done several times. Before I talked about inserting images, but I don’t think I will do that anymore. Hopefully I could do this at one shot.