« Stephen Project 2 Video | Main | Breanne Subias: Project 2 »

TSINU-Final Project Proposal

I decided to change my project. i wanted to try something that might seem easy from a visual perspective. However, is something that can be used to critique society in this day and age. I'm going to shoot a short clip not more than 2 or 3 minutes. In the take I plan to have three or 4 people possibly with a mixture or men and women and also people from different ethnicity. We are living in a world where there is so much hate and violence. I have always wanted to make some type of documentary that talk about love and unity. Even though this project is by no means as big as a documentary, I want it to have the same type of powerful message.

Everyday so many horrible things are that happening in our world. Ever time you turn on the TV, listen to the radio, get online or read a magazine, its always talking about some type of terror. People are scared to leave their own house or talk to their neighbors because of all the terrible things you hear around you. So, that makes me want to ask this question? Where is our society going to? Is our world going to turn into a place where every one lives for him/her self? World is getting smaller and smaller by the minute, but people are hiding from one another just fast. We are living in a world where people can have hundreds of "Facebook" friends they have never met in person, while they don't know the name of their next door neighbor who has been living there for 10 years.

I want to make a video clip that criticizes today's technology driven society. We are all so wrapped up in our own small world, so focused on on our own small problems, sometimes we fail to see there is a big world out there full of people. I want to bring people from different background and race in this small project and have them talk about the same thing in a why that emphasizes that we all want the same thing in life. This is Love, peace and health.