Louis Adams Project 3 Write Up

Download file

Continue reading "Louis Adams Project 3 Write Up" »

Louis Adams Project 2

Download file

Continue reading "Louis Adams Project 2" »

Louis Adams - MIA Response

Continue reading "Louis Adams - MIA Response" »

Louis Adams - Project 3 Proposal

Continue reading "Louis Adams - Project 3 Proposal" »

Louis Adams - Project 2 Write Up

Continue reading "Louis Adams - Project 2 Write Up" »

Louis Adams - Project 2 Proposal

The scene I decided to do for this project was the 28th scene (one-on-one rematch) from the movie Love and Basketball. At first I was going to do the second scene from Stomp the yard where Chris Brown gets killed, but that scene only fit for this project for the wrong reasons. The reason I chose the Love and Basketball scene was because there are a lot of people who cried during this scene for the correct reasons corresponding to this project. Also the scene seemed to be fairly simple in terms of shooting and editing. I will enjoy putting in effort to act out this scene for my project.

There are approximately 15 different camera shots for this project. The entire scene takes place at a basketball court in Monica’s (Woman character) back yard. The scene is about Monica and Q (the two main characters) playing one-on-one for Q’s love. The first half of the scene concludes Monica scoring the majority of her points against Q while he only gets a few points. Mid way through he starts scoring more points on her. This is where the scene started to make my friend cry because she starts taking her clothes off as he continues to score because they used to play that way when they were dating earlier in the movie. She gets the ball back, misses her lay up and Q gets the ball and slam-dunks it for the win. After he looks at her with no emotional feeling, she begins to get real emotional and almost cries. After she almost walks out of the setting, he says, “Double or nothing? and the hug and kiss. This is where my friend started crying really hard.

My first step in making this production is finding someone who can play the female part. This is hard because I don’t know many women who can play basketball. I will try to remake this scene in the late evening because it was night-time in the movie. It is very cold out so I will try to reserve a gymnasium so I can play with the lighting to make it look right. I will borrow a lighting kit from the Rarig Center to add to the details. I will add sound effect in later using a microphone or from the sounds on my computer. Finally, my technique will be to shoot each shot for shot according to the movie.

406

Louis Adams - Project 2 Proposal

406

Louis Adams Project 1

Download file

Continue reading "Louis Adams Project 1" »

Louis Adams: Project 1 Proposal

The story structure for my stop-motion animation project is about a first year college student who attends the University of Minnesota. He is of African American descent who, is inspired by Greek life. He is especially interested in the stepping aspect of fraternities and sororities. He goes by the name M.V. Littlejon. The scene starts out with M.V. Littlejon walking the campus a couple weeks into his first semester. He happens to stumble upon this Greek sign that happens to appear in various places on campus.

Later that night he decides to take a walk up fraternity row to gain a little more knowledge about the signs he had seen earlier that day. At the very end of his journey he runs into the last fraternity house, which happens to be the only black fraternity house on campus. Throughout these first couple of scenes the shots I will be using long, stop animation shots. He decides to ring the doorbell and somebody comes to answer the door and his heart begins to race. At this point I will be using quicker, motion shots. He tells them that he’s interested in a showcase of stepping but short in the conversation he is informed that in order to do any stepping he has to be in the fraternity. He figures out how to join and decides to go with it.

Month later M.V. Littlejon is initiated into the fraternity and can now step. He hears about this contest from a national Greek step website where he submits a one-man showcase video of stepping to win $1,000. He uses the Icam on his MacBook laptop to film his stepping. This is where the first trick is used. M.V. Littlejon will seem to be a magician by the way he opens the computer and does all the camera positioning with his magical powers. The second trick is where he begins to do magical stepping. The fraternity he joined uses canes for stepping and twirling. At this point I’ll be using a mid shot to show how he makes his cane move without touching it.

After he is done stepping he edits his video, again using magical powers, and then submits his video. A couple weeks later he finds out that the judges have reviewed all of the submitted videos. He is very excited as he receives a call from one of the judges saying that he had the worst showcase of stepping and then wins no kind of money what so ever. He realizes that stepping was not his thing and he decides to quit stepping.

My influences for this theme were my fraternity brothers. They thought it would be a good idea for me to use this as a project since it seemed like something that hadn’t been done before. Some ideas for my project will be to actually take pictures on campus and use the college atmosphere to help bring out my theme. I will use background sounds (car, people talking, etc.) and actual dialogue. One of the props I will be using that will be detrimental to my trick will be a cane.