Sarah Vang: Project 3

Download file

Continue reading "Sarah Vang: Project 3" »

Sarah Vang: Visiting Artist Response

Although I attended Matt Ryle’s visiting artist lecture, I feel I can write more about the trip to the Minneapolis Institute of Arts and Abinadi Meza’s installation.

Continue reading "Sarah Vang: Visiting Artist Response" »

Sarah Vang: Project 3 Proposal

Continue reading "Sarah Vang: Project 3 Proposal" »

Sarah Vang: Project 2

Download file

Continue reading "Sarah Vang: Project 2" »

Sarah Vang: Project 2 Proposal

For this second project, I want to do the scene given by Sarah Clausen from The Green Mile. She was driven to tears during the last handshake between Paul Edgecomb, the executioner, and John Coffey, the executed.

Continue reading "Sarah Vang: Project 2 Proposal" »

SARAH VANG: PROJECT 1

Download file

Continue reading "SARAH VANG: PROJECT 1" »

SARAH VANG: PROJECT 1 PROPOSAL

The storyline for my first project deals with being yourself. The clip will start with a shot of a small pack of star paper (paper that is used to fold paper stars). The pack of star paper will be facing a glass bottle or jar that is lying down so that the top of the jar is near the ground. One by one or a few at a time, pieces of paper will quickly slide out of the pack, fold itself into a star, wiggle to get into the shape of a star, and jump through the top of the jar and rest at the physical bottom of the jar opposite the opening.

After a few papers have folded into stars, the main character of my project will appear. It will move a little slower than the rest. When it first appears, it starts scrunching at the end, as if to make a ball instead, but when a few pieces of paper pass it while folding into star shapes, it unrolls itself and struggles to fold itself into a star. When the part where it has to pop to become a star comes, it can’t do it and just wiggles. While it struggles to pop into a star-form, more stars pass it already folded, and near the entrance of the jar pop into the star forms and jump in. When many stars have already passed the struggling one, it gives up, unrolls itself, crumples into a small ball, and jumps into the jar.

One trick I will be using will be used at the end, before the piece of paper gives up and scrunches itself into a ball. I will make some stars suddenly appear in the jar, giving the illusion of time passing quickly for the struggling piece of paper. The second trick will be at the very end, after the ball is in the jar, when the last piece of paper in the pack quickly runs while folding itself to the jar, and the jar lifts itself upright.

As of right now, I am unsure whether or not I will be using sound. I want to use it to lighten the atmosphere and give the animation more life, but I am not sure how well my home-made sounds will turn out.