« LECTURE at the MIA | Main | STUDENT OPEN HOUSE »

Tyler Update to Project #2 Proposal

I have decided to go a different direction with my second project. I have decided to step away from remaking a scene from Men of Honor on the basis of not being able to find a good scene/setting as well as trying to find enough people to make my remake look like an actual courtroom. I have decided to remake a scene from the comedy, still in some theaters, Step Brothers with Will Ferrell and John C. Riley.

The scene that I will be remaking will be the scene after Dale and Brennan have gotten into a fight in front of all the neighbors on the front lawn. They are sitting in the living room watching a show on Animal Planet during Shark Week. Their parents walk in and go though a disciplining talk about them growing up and getting jobs to start supporting themselves.

I think that this scene is absolutely hilareous although it is one of many scenes in the movie that made me laugh so hard I cried. (I have already seen the movie twice in theater and of course plan on buying it the day it comes out.) I think that this remake will be a very fun project. I have chosen my living room as the scene to match up with the movie. I think that the props should be fairly easy to get as they are just typical household products.

I will enlist the help of one of my friends to play Dale and I will be playing Brennan. I have not decided whether we will also be playing the parents or if I can get two more people to help me with that.