« Project II proposal: Instruction! | Main | Project II Proposal: How to Make Something Usable »

Reflecting On My Project Critique

Upon listening to it again (after the other countless times while working on it), I'm very pleased with the way my sound project turned out. I had the ideas in my mind of how I wanted it to sound, and for the most part, they are pretty similar. Given what I had to work with, the time constraint for the actual recording, and the pretty limited amount of sound editing that I have, I am pretty pleased with the overall result.

One of my main focal points was to get across this feeling of movement. I was pleased to hear that others felt this way while listening to it, and actually feeling a sense of moving around the club, going near speakers, entering bathrooms, etc.

Another thing that I thought was interesting was the interpretation that most people took of it. I had the idea that most people would see the bathroom segment as a sort of escape from the noisy club, or something like that. But, I'm glad that others found humor in the simplicity of what was going on.

If I had to do this project again, I don't know how much of it I would change. I don't know how it would impact it, but after hearing what other people thought about it, I was thinking what the effect of adding some spoken words over some of the noise would have. This would give it some more context, probably (hopefully?) give it some more humor, and provide a new look on the sounds around. But, it is what it is, I guess...