« Critique for Jon | Main | My critique of Jenna’s video »

Critique for Donny

Critique for Donny

For your project I thought the construction paper was a cool idea a lot of people used photographs for their pieces, so that was cool that you used a different, less common, medium. Your piece started out with an element of humor I thought that was really good, and a different take then some of the other projects. I think that your use of titles in between the scenes used kind of like subtitles added a little bit of structure to the piece. However I kind of got lost as to what was going on since there was no narration. As far as sound in this piece I think that if there had been some sort of story or main voice telling us what was going on things may have been a little clearer. The one thing I couldn’t quite understand is what the TV channels had to do with the utopia, I was lost when it switched to the construction paper shots to the end being just a guy playing the guitar. The change in medium seemed rather random to me, maybe if afterward you had switched back to construction paper to tie the piece together and add a conclusion that would have worked well.