« Old Man and Train (Alan) | Main | The Perfect Eating World »

Manu's Perfect World

In my final project I show my perfect world as a state of mind where my imaginary world gives the main character a break from the rushed real world. The idea of portraying a perfect world as a fantasy world is based on my daily experiences, where my daily schedule is so packed with things to do that it does not leave me any leisure time to dream or think. In my opinion it is very important to pursue leisure time because it stimulates creativity and productivity instead of constantly being tired from a hasty daily rhythm.
As such, I decided to present my fantasy world as colorful and playful to illustrate, first of all, a personal perfect world and secondly to give a sense of refreshment, which elevates my mood. I also placed my dreamlike world in between scenes of a rushed street life to better demonstrate the contrast between the two.
With respect to the sound in the video, I tried to record a variety of noisy sounds for the rushed and busy scene that we usually encounter on the street. Those noises include cars going by, people talking - but not understandable talking so that it does not take away from the visual aspect - and construction drone. The sound effects that I created for the fantasy world were created by instruments such as harmonica, guitar and sounds made by two metal objects. I then tried to transform their original sound by playing with effects in audacity using normalizing, reversing and echo effects as well as some others. I chose to transform those noises to indefinable noises to underline the dream effect of the scene.

Manu's Perfect World