« Project 4 Proposal | Main | proposal for 4th project »

Project 3

Watch Video
To me a perfect world would be one without animosity, but total peace. Being a non-white immigrant, I have experienced racism firsthand. In this day and age, though most people are careful to be politically correct and just, there still exists an inherent racism. I am not one to criticize the white community because they are not the only ones who have shown racist tendencies. I believe it is up to each and every person in a community to accept the fact that life is a mix of culture. From this day on, we will only become more diverse so we might as well accept each other’s differences. My focus in this project is to show a perfect world by using drawn characters
I show confusion and chaos in my animation. For example, I show different people criticizing each other and committing acts of violence upon each other. Locations change as different groups of people are shown. It is like a historic piece documenting different conflicts from the past leading up to present day. Finally, there is an explosive ending where the serious tone of the piece immediately changes to one of happiness where all the characters are shown getting along as one.
Throughout the project, I used a whiteboard and different colored markers. The reason I did not include sounds is because I felt that my piece did not require it; it is graphic enough on its own and the visuals will convey my message. I incorporated violent imagery because I believe that people should be aware of history. We, as citizens have to be tolerant and respectful for the rights and views of others. This is what a perfect world is to me.