« Project Proposal III: Invent a perfect world | Main | Project III Proposal: A Perfect World »

Project 3 Proposal

For project three we have been asked to come up with our idea of a perfect world. We have been asked to do a stop motion primer for this topic, which I think shall prove to be challenging at least for myself. I have seen a lot of stop motion work but not known how it was done. I am a huge fan of cartoons and clayamation which in essence is stop motion. I’m not sure which medium I’m going to work in, originally I was thinking of using legos, since that would be hilarious, but since my last two pieces were funny I would like to try a more serious piece. So I’m thinking I will try drawings, although my worry is I can’t really draw so it might look really crappy. As far as the homemade sound I’m kind of disappointed because I think good music, if used in moderation, can pull a piece together well. So I will just have to come up with my own. My idea for the utopia is the “scrapping? of today’s society for a whole new world… As I previously stated I want this to be a darker piece since the last two had more of a comical feel to them. I’m not quite sure exactly what will be my main focus but I do know that I want two have 2 main characters to create a bit of a ying-yang feel; a balance between good and evil. I am a huge fan of technology but I do not like the way society has been corrupted by ignorance and lack of common sense. It drives me insane that so many people throughout the world are so selfish and heart less. My biggest pet peeve is people who think they deserve handouts. Technology has made people lazy and greedy; I want my utopia to force people to “earn? their life.
How I will accomplish will be interesting to say the least ill have to come up with an idea for this force. I would like it to be a physical entity and not some idea, something you can see. So the setting of my video will be set in the future from our time. As for the sound I will do my own voice along with my friends, perhaps I will write some music for the piece or just simply “construct? some using other sounds. As for my location for filming will be paper.