« Project 4 | Main | Critique #4 Final Project »

Critique #4 Final Project

Out of all the projects that I have done in this class; I feel that this one was the most successful in presentation and in concept. Although I should have moved Alan’s stuff out of the way in the installation room, I’m still glad that I presented in that room because that space is a little more professional looking than a normal critique room. I don’t think that by having the curtains blocking people in ruined the presentation, it just interrupted the flow of people moving from one side of the screen to the other. I would like to think that the concept of my project was more important than how I used the space. I’m glad that I got the amount of feedback that I did about how I could use the space in different ways because I have never used an installation room to present anything before. Hopefully someday I’ll be able to use the installation room again because I like how the audience is allowed to be interactive and move around the piece to view different perspectives.
I felt that I was successful with the final project in terms of the product itself and the concept. My original idea was similar to what I finally ended up doing, and I’m glad that I was able to develop my ideas by viewing the work of the artist who incorporated emotion into his work as well as themes of time, and pre-conceived expectations. I liked how the viewers of his work experienced emotional agitation/excitement, which is what I was aiming for in my project by using a hand gently touching a female’s body. I hope that I was as successful in this as I hoped because I was desensitized by the visuals after watching and editing it so much in final cut. I also hope that I got my point across with the music that I chose. To me, each piece sounded radically different from one another, was clear in the stereotypes, and put each piece into the right context that I was aiming for. Apparently some people couldn’t differentiate between the pieces of music, which sucks for them!