« Lowrey Sims Artist Response | Main | Lowrey Sims Artist Response »

Lowrey Sims Artist Response

I attended the Lowrey Sims lecture at the Weisman Art Museum. It was a very different experience for me because I have never been to an art presentation and I didn’t really know what to expect. As I walked into the room I felt a little awkward because I felt like everyone around me was an art geek. That changed as I got more comfortable and she began to speak off a power point. Her main theme seemed to be addressing her concern with the environment. She used different artist’s art work and described the meaning behind them. She obviously kept the environmental theme in her head as she interpreted the art work. Normally I have a really hard time interpreting what art work means, but the way she described it made a lot of sense. I really liked the fact that art work can be used to express any view or feeling. Her presentation was very strong and informative. I think everyone left the lecture with another view of the environment. Overall, it was a great experience and I wish I would have attended more artist lectures this semester.