Eating with furniture

/Users/jenniferwhalen/Desktop/eating_with_furniture-large.mov

Project 2: What Not To Do When Interacting With Others

Download file

Continue reading "Project 2: What Not To Do When Interacting With Others" »

Project II How to Write a Paper

Download file

This video gives 25 steps on the best way to write a paper (It may take you more then that following this guide).

Veg Man Makes Spomac

Download file

Continue reading "Veg Man Makes Spomac" »

Realist

Download file

Continue reading "Realist" »

How to be a Hippie

Download file

Continue reading "How to be a Hippie" »

Project 2: How to get your roommate to hate you.

Download file

Continue reading "Project 2: How to get your roommate to hate you." »

Eating With Your Very Own Furniture: Project 2 Final

For this project, I wanted to do something that was kind of strange, but also commented on the theme of being in a do-it-yourself culture. I find myself continually always wanting to comment on the "connivence" in our society, especially with food. For my audio project my initial idea was to record a dinner being made, however that idea didn't work out the way that I had planned. I still wanted to focus on the eating habits in our rushed society for the second project. "Eating With Your Very Own Furniture" brings up a point of etiquette and challenges the conventional concepts of "proper dinner manners" I also wanted to focus on the time factor with this project. In order to obtain a few bites of food with the process of using furniture, the task was slow and took several minutes. Although this is humorous, I wanted to push the limits and patients that people have while watching this. Eating in our society has become more of a chore in order to keep ourselves alive verses a social activity. along with the fast pace of the world and minute microwaveable dinners, I am nostalgic for the past that people use tho take in preparing a meal and sitting down as a family.

Your Equipment - Project II

People often muse at the extravagant budget allocated to the U.S. military and consider it a gross expenditure of tax dollars, often wondering where most the money goes. With all the taxes and funds put forth to fund American Armed Forces, people often wonder where most of their tax dollars go specifically. Oddly enough, grunts on the frontlines in combat find themselves asking the same thing. With approximately 75% of US Marine Corps vehicles lacking the basic armor required for combat and several Marines, Sailors and Sailors still using Vietnam-era medical packs, many service-members find themselves struggling to fight a modern war with antique equipment.

My video demonstrates some of the ironies of military service equipment. It utilizes a satirical, slapstick style to show the inconsistencies of fighting a modern war with outdated equipment. The items demonstrated are tools actually issued at various military schools and most the problems are common headaches for Marines, Soldiers and Sailors. The video is reminiscent of the majority of tacky military educational films, featuring unenthusiastic actors, terrible acting, and poor scripting.

Filming the movie was fairly easy. After I found a location with adequate light and decent acoustics, I was able to capture some good footage for editing. With over 35 minutes of raw footage, I knew the editing process would be a bit time consuming. After I pared the piece down to a manageable size, I was left with 15 minutes of footage and enough erroneous scenes to make a special director’s cut for DVD. I spent a lot of time moving each portion around and adding effects but I spent the most time fine-tuning the scenes to create the most seamless transitions possible. This process was a bit tedious and I was a little concerned I was making the same mistake as my audio project by editing a piece I was too close to. I found that cutting a couple frames can make big changes to a piece. In the end, I’m pretty happy with my product but I wish I had more time to re-film some of the bumps that I couldn’t edit out.

Download file

How-To Not Buy Fake Jordans

Download

Continue reading "How-To Not Buy Fake Jordans" »

How to Create a Superhero

How to create a superhero

My Thoughts on my Annoying How To Video Project

When I initially started to think about ideas for my How To video I was trying to think of a topic that I could add humor into or that was just a funny topic in itself. With my video entitled "How To Annoy People" it provides tips and ideas for how to be that one person no one wants to be around. One goal I hope to meet with the video is for the viewer to be able to connect to one or two of the situations shown; whether they have been around someone acting that way or they just think to themselves, "That would be soooo annoying". My other goal is what I was hoping to achieve when I came up with the idea and that is to be funny.
In my process for filming I went through some difficulties. I not only filmed multiple times when I had the camera but I had to check it out two additional time frames to get quality clips to work with. The struggle with my topic is it requires various atmospheres to be located in order to portray how a person would be annoying there but a lot of these atmospheres were either not possible, had bad lighting or had two many strangers around that I wouldn't be able to get the right reaction. That was the other challenge I had in my video process-acting. When you put a camera in a person's face you get so many reactions much of which are not normal or too planned. I had some good annoying ideas for in an elevator but either would have too much laughing, the doors would continuously close on us or the lighting would be really difficult to view on the screen. I had a lot more success when I could play out a situation that only required myself to be filmed. After gathering enough clips to work with I somewhat categorized them and then began my editing. The first thing I did was go through and add text in front of almost every situation so that the viewers could read what the annoying tip was and then observe how it was played out. I varied the type of text I used just to go with how each idea varied. THen I downloaded sound clips that somewhat went along with what I was doing. I am pleased with the music that I found because there are some really good pieces that fit the annoying theme and add more humor to the entire video. I thinkif I had more time I would like to play around with more video transitions. I did some fading with the audio and a little with fading in and out for the video but I think it would be more interesting to do like a speckling fade or just change up how the clips fade in and out to make it more interesting to watch.

How to Avoid a Hitcher

Download file

Continue reading "How to Avoid a Hitcher" »

Project 2

Download how to make a superhero

Continue reading "Project 2" »

How to Make Tea

Download file

With the movie "How to Make Tea," I tried to take a mundane task and make it much more exciting and interesting by adding a new twist to it. However, in the end one realizes that making tea in a new and exciting way may not be worth it, or just plain dumb. By riding bikes while throwing the tea bags into the hot water, I hoped to show the impracticality of the situation for the sake of doing something "extreme." Yet, it's still more entertaining than the original way to make tea, mostly because of the humor one may find in the unnecessary tea making steps.

My method for the video was quite simple. I filmed the video in one day, using already well-lit areas (such as the Comstock Ballroom and outside of Coffman Union). Luckily I was able to find a few friends to assist me with their acting talents, and to help with the camera when I was in the scene. The scenes where I "pop" into the frame were simply a matter of the other actors holding their poses while the camera was switched off, and then back on again with me in the scene. That aspect was put in their purely for entertainment value; there isn't any conscious meaning behind it. After all the scenes were shot, I just cut them and edited them using iMovie HD. I found iMovie easier to use than Final Cut Pro for adding the iLife sound effects that came with my iMovie program.

Project 2

This how-to video shows how to play airsoft as well as how to edit it with some cool effects. The beginning is an animation, the 3-D effect is stretched from a 2-D picture. I used Sony Vegas to edit the most part of the video, including radio blur, infrad, smoothing, slow motion and such. I also used Adobe Fireworks to edit some pictures. The computer screen part was recorded off the screen using a special program. And the sound by me was recorded separately. I think the music was a good choice, it naturally matched the video.

Download file

Project 2: How To Start A War

Download file

Continue reading "Project 2: How To Start A War" »

How To Make Something Usable

Download file (tiny, hosted on the blog)

High-quality version (link to media mill)

Continue reading "How To Make Something Usable" »

How To Be a Bro

Download file

Continue reading "How To Be a Bro" »

Project II Critique Prep

ok everyone,

I expect, having a good extra 5 days to edit your projects, that they be Super Fantastic! Please take care to hone your editing and be thoughtful about your subject.

Please write a well-written paragraph focusing on your intentions and process for this project. Post it to our class blog when you post your video.

Exporting, Uploading and Posting:

Export as a QuickTime movie, high resolution.
Upload this QuickTime to Media Mill
On Media Mill create:
One LARGE Derivative (for Crit)
One SMALL derivative for posting to the blog.
Use this derivative:
Quicktime 7, Small
Bitrate: 200 kbps
Dimensions: 320 x 240

BE SURE TO SHARE YOUR MOVIE WITH ME!

All to be done by NOON on Monday.

How To Make A How To Video

I think it's great that people today are so open about sharing their thoughts and ideas through media and so I wanted to contribute to that. Hopefully, I will be able to teach someone out there how to make their own DIY video. My purpose is to expose how people today use all the tools accessible to them to do whatever comes to mind to both aid and entertain people. In my video, I follow around my friend Grant while he makes his own how to video; therefore showing different steps in the movie-making process. Nowadays, because of the access to varied technology, it's easy for anyone to pick up a camera and shoot and then upload to the internet for mass distribution.
My video is made without flashy effects. I went for the amateur approach, the kind that is expressed through my directions.

Project II topic

I'm interested in covering 'how to make a how to video.' I think it's great that people today are so open about sharing their thoughts and ideas through media and so I wanted to contribute to that. I will probably take a humorous turn on my topic because of how obvious and sarcastic the subject will be. I might be able to teach someone out there how to make their own DIY video, but that's doubtful. My purpose is to expose how people today use all the tools accessible to them to do whatever comes to mind to both aid and entertain people.

How to video

The subject that I was thinking about for my instruction video is about animation. My video is going to be about how to make an animation. Since I was a kid I was always interested in drawing cartoon characters, and working with animations but I didn’t have the time. Since I started taking this class one of my goals was to do some sort of animation with a character just to try something new and old at the same time.
I was thinking of either documenting how to draw and animate drawings, or how to use certain video software for an animation. Going into more detail with the first I was planning on drawing a cartoon character with a pen, or pencil. While I’m drawing I would either have a camera set up to take time lapse photos or just have the video camera film the whole thing, and fast forward it later. With my second idea I would do the same thing but I would do it all (the drawing) in PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Premiere. With PowerPoint I would have to break down my cartoon character into basic shapes because that is all I would have to work with in PowerPoint. When I complete my cartoon in PowerPoint I plan to export the parts of the character (arms, legs, hands, etc…) to Adobe Photoshop and smooth it out so it doesn’t look like the cartoon is made out of shapes. My next step will be to save the image and use Adobe Premiere to put the cartoon’s parts (Its arms, legs, body, etc…) together and move them around. I may just combine these two ideas to include a variety of filming styles.
I probably would have text on the animation explaining the steps, or have one of my sisters talking just because I don’t really like talking in my videos. I would probably have the camera aimed at my computer, and/or paper while I’m making the animation/drawing, but when I finish I’ll just convert it to a video file which I will add to my instruction part. My targeted audience would be those who like cartoons, animations, and drawings. I don’t believe that I would have any humor during my instruction part but if it comes up I will try to add it. I do hope to put some sort of social and/or political message in my cartoon but I haven’t decided yet. The cartoon character I am mainly thinking about is Spiderman, but that may change.

Video on How NOT to do it

With our limitations practically inexistent coming up with an idea for my second project has taken a lot of thought and consideration. I want to be creative with this video and was trying to think of something that was not only unique but that I could play around with and add humor to. From when we were practicing and getting comfortable with our video cameras my group went and interacted with everyday people just out and about. I thought about how people can be awkward and do unexpected things especially with a camera around. Thinking deeper I thought of doing my how to video project on how NOT to approach a stranger. Right away I thought of a scene of being on an airplane and how there is always some interesting character sitting in the seat next to you. Instead of thinking how to make friends with this person I thought it would be funny to have my video more from their perspective and be how NOT to make friends with the person in the seat next to you. Basically any and every pet peeve that other people have that is rude, annoying, obnoxious or weird. That is what I am going to attempt to capture with this next video project. I don't know yet if I want the exact same setting with multiple people or me every time but in various situations and environments. I will brainstorm more but I think that this idea will be fun for me to do because I am the type of person that is always randomly starting up conversations with people I don't know so I will enjoy doing that same thing in front of a video camera.
A few initial thoughts I had for what to film include sitting next to a random on the airplane, waiting behind someone in line to go to the bathroom, standing in a lobby or waiting room and being in a grocery store and looking at similar products. What makes these sort of situations more awkward is like the TYPE of waiting room you are in or being at Target looking at digestion malfunction medications or two guys in Victoria Secret and they both know they are embarrassed to be there. I want to try and catch these moments. I don't know then if I will be in all of the situations that are the "non approaches" to take or if I just want to sneak around and capture random people interacting and find moments where one person does the wrong, unappealing action.

Project II: Procrastinating

For my “do it yourself? project, I will investigate how to successfully avoid working at work by procrastinating. My motivation and inspiration for this video came from such television programs as “The Office? and “Arrested Development? and films like “Office Space.? I will further build on the idea by showing some of the best website for wasting time.

The internet has made procrastinating easier then ever. Now the same computers that employers rely on to help their employees work are also the best devices for would be procrastinators. Websites, streaming videos, and video games have made the workplace a haven for procrastinators. My video will explain how to get the most out of these websites, videos, and games, and also explain how to procrastinate the way employees and students did before these technologies or for those who do not have access to a computer while they work.

This video’s target audience will be anyone who has a job and works in an office, or goes to school and studies. Hopefully the irony and absurdity of a video on how to procrastinate will be evident enough through watching the video.

As far as video techniques go I will try to develop several techniques to make the video more interesting then simply and straight point and shoot film. I will show clips from several movies and television shows and directly show what is happening on a computer screen for the video. Also, besides the office, I will try to show some of the best locations for avoiding work such as coffee shops, break rooms, and the outdoors. Hopefully this video will be humorous and a ironic commentary on the modern work place and how computers have made it even easier to be inefficient and procrastinate.

Proposal - Fast food

Fast food has become part of the American culture over the past few decades. It’s almost impossible to go through a week without eating some sort of fast food. Working parents and college students are not getting the nutrition they need for their bodies because of their lack of healthy eating habits. America has become a very fast paced country, which for some has caused them to grab breakfast every morning from McDonalds. Also, it takes away from family dinners which are very important in building a relationship amongst your family.

For this reason I have chosen to make a video about how to order fast food. I will be driving through many different fast food restaurants during breakfast, lunch, and dinner and try to capture the feeling of the environment. I will take shots from many different angles at different times of the day, so it should be interesting. I will try to make it seem really dramatic with the fading in and out feature on the camera. I also want to incorporate music into the video to give the feeling that fast food corporations are not your friends.

The main restaurants that I will be going to are McDonalds, Burger King, and Wendys. They are all in the same market of fast food and are very competitive. All three have very similar styles of treating their customers, so it will be interesting to see why people prefer one over the other. I want to try to capture the different demographics that eat fast food.

I will try to add humor to the video by interviewing random people about their thoughts on fast food. I think most people have a negative perception on eating fast food, but they still can’t stop eating it. My intended audience for this video is anyone over the age of 16 who can drive. It seems to me that they are the ones who are mostly making the random trips through the drive thru throughout the day.

My Video Project Proposal

For my Video Primer project, a “How To…?, I’ve been tossing an idea in my head that I think will work and be effective. Essentially, it would be a guide on “How to be a Bro?, a satire on what it means to just be a ‘dude’ and ‘chill’. Now, for some, this won’t make sense, which is why I will take some time in the video to define it. Actually, the core of the video is defining this concept - nowadays a very stereotypical personality especially seen in University life. I want to make this project, first, to show a funny commentary on a character you’ve probably seen many times around campus, and two, to subtly bring about questions such as how a person like this is pursuing higher education. My intended audience will definitely be college students familiar with cultural references and the stereotypes surrounding this character.

I’m still debating how I want to present it, but I’m leaning more towards a step-by-step, collage of aspects and situations usually associated with a Bro. One segment I had in mind is the “guitar-swooning Bro? who almost always has a song to play for the equally stereotypical “Chick? who likes the “Bro?. The shot would either be in some kind of stereotypical nature shot (i.e. leaning on a tree) or a more ‘college’ setting, like a dorm room.

Other such segments that I was thinking about were: tailgating, speech patterns, and the use of abbreviations in everyday conversations (such as “Bro; def; chicks; brewskies?; and many, many more); and perhaps a study session with one such Bro. Each would have its own style, but with the same subject (probably played by me). I’m hoping to shoot most segments in my dorm, seeing as it’s a natural habitat for some of the guys that fit into my typecast.

There are many technical aspects - both in filming and editing - that I hope to use. Ideally, I don’t want this to look like a hyperactive teenager filmed it with his Razr cell phone. I will probably shoot the video in wide angle, mainly because I like the aesthetic framing it enacts. I hope to have some cinematic elements to the segments (including: shot/reverse shot segments, non-eye level camera angles, different point-of-view shots, and more). As far as editing goes, I will do my best to smooth out the rough edges by using different fades and wipes between scenes. I might try and do an inset-type segment, where it shows (in a picture-in-picture manner) what the Bro is actually thinking about when someone “boring? is talking to him.

Ideally I want to get really in depth with this video project, using different types of lighting, props, costumes, but with the amount of time I have to finish this, I don’t think that will be possible. I will put in a lot of effort for this to be the best and most accurate representation that I can make.

Continue reading "My Video Project Proposal" »

Project II Proposal: How to Make Something Usable

Have you ever used something that's hard to use? I bet you have! In fact, I bet you put up with hard-to-use things every day. From doors which simply open the wrong direction to machines with cryptically-labeled controls, once you begin to look, examples of poorly-designed items show up everywhere in everyday life. When there's something that's just too hard to use, it's not your fault — it's a failure of design. Sadly, there's frequently not much thought at all given to how difficult an item will be to use when it is designed. It shows.

The design of the things we interact with everyday is very similar to the design of computer user interface, which is a topic that is very interesting to me. However, unlike computer interfaces, we interact with designs of doors and microwaves in a much more physical way, which makes it easier to understand the concepts associated with design. (It also makes it easier to video tape.) Most of the ideas I described above were discussed in a class in user interfaces I took. I think everybody should take such a class: a lot of people end up building things that have to be used by other people. If people would think about usability issues before building something, the world would be a much more pleasant place to live in. My intent is to educate the audience. This is relevant whether or not you ever design something that will be used by other people. If you do, hopefully I can make you think twice about how usable it will be before you actually build it. If you don't, you'll at least be able to notice when things are poorly designed. This may save you the trouble of buying a frustratingly unusable appliance some day.

I plan to gather video from any source where I notice usability disasters over the next few weeks; many of these will probably be in my own apartment. My hope is to be able to show examples of well designed and poorly designed items. Depending on how much time there is in the video, I may also include some techniques for improving the quality of designs. This could possibly include examples of mistakes that could easily have been discovered early on if some thought had been given to looking for them.

Project II proposal: Instruction!

For the second project I am thinking of introducing my audience to the basic steps of how to start a war. I do not plan on telling people how to actually start a war in this short film, but will be making simplifications about basic steps that countries seem to go through to pick fights with other countries. I intend the short film to be nothing more than a joke, but I would like the joke to contain an element of truth. I have chosen a political subject because it seems to me that even though people are in general more educated than they ever have been, they always ignore the lessons of history. My intention is for the viewers to start to see parallels between past and current events in world politics. They do not have to completely agree with everything that I imply or say. I would be satisfied if the audience were inspired to rethink their positions on the political mess that we are living in today.
The audience for this movie will be college students and adults. Since this is a serious subject I will try to approach it with humor. Humor will be expressed in the form of exaggeration and generalization and also in the exploration of methods used in propaganda films.
The way that I plan on putting the short film together will involve dividing the movie into different sections. Each section will represent a step that gives the viewer a an idea of how to start a war – of course, all steps will be nothing more than tongue in cheek. I am thinking to introduce each section with one or two sentences. The first instruction might be something like “ First Step: Pick a country?. I will try to blend in a text that will be followed by a short play. After the play is done a new sentence will appear, “ Second Step: Make sure it has a desirable natural resources or money.? and so on.
I am also thinking about shooting a black and white movie clip. Maybe this would not be a bad idea since our world has been dealing with issues of war since human beings have lived on this earth. Making the film in black and white would imply that the issue is old and hints at propaganda films.

Project II: attracting the opposite sex

For my “how to? film assignment it took me awhile to think of a topic for my project that was not only interesting for me to do, but also something that would be entertaining for my audience. I looked for suggestions from friends and family, but most of them did not have an original idea (i.e. how to bake this, how to play this, etc). I wanted something a little more interesting to work with than that. So, some how I came up with the idea to show my viewers a “how not to? video on impressing the opposite sex in the dorms. I chose a “how not to? approach because I thought it would be funnier to poke fun of the types of ways freshman try to impress the boys/girls in their halls.

I am hoping to record my video in the dorms, particularly in the areas where the guys and the girls interact (i.e. hallways, laundry rooms, lounge area, etc). During these small boy/girl interactions I want to capture the awkwardness that is demonstrated. Not too long ago I had one such experience that I wouldn’t mind reenacting to put into my project. I was walking down the hall with my roommate and a boy tapped my shoulder as I walked passed him. I looked at him and he said to me, “Hey, you just missed me. I was in a towel from getting out of the shower.? He gave me a wink and all I said was, “Ok.? I can’t imagine the look I had on my face, because first, I was caught off guard, and second, who says that. That is just one example of what not to do to impress a girl.

Hopefully, this film will be humorous as I intend for my audience to be guys and girls who have been through the experience I am portraying. I will try to show multiple scenes in the dorms of these awkward occasions. I am not sure if I will stage the scenes or simply capture the moment. Maybe I will do a combination of both. Perhaps, I might put a few interviews into the piece as well.

What inspired me to do this was the situation I mentioned before that I encountered in my dorm hallway. It donned on me that this video could not only an informational video, but also a reflection of how pathetic our attempts are sometimes to impress the opposite sex.

Project Research and Proposal

One of the ideas I have been toying with for my video project is a how-to for making a secret recipe of mine. It is called Spomac; from the first time I made this meal it has been a hit. Imagine the best macaroni and cheese you have ever had combined with the best spaghetti you’ve ever had and both of them having a party inside your mouth.
I’ve never seen a how-to cooking show where they tell you how to make fast and easy vegetarian meals that college aged people (vegetarian or not) would like. I probably got the idea for it out of the want for a show on how to do exactly that. It interests me because I am a vegetarian and have been for 10 years and it was hard at first to learn how to cook meatless meals. I think that even 18-25 year olds have issues with learning how to cook anything, let alone vegetarian.
I plan on having the camera directed on my hands, the ingredients, and on the process. I also thought it would be neat if I could have text float in with the instructions that I give, so that the audience can both hear and see the instructions. I was also thinking I could make it kind of corny with really obnoxious transitions or effects, like a children’s show.
The location would be in my parent’s kitchen because it has a few more amenities and space and quiet than my apartment. Although, it would be kind of humorous to have people bothering me while I was trying to make this delectable dish. I would like it to be less serious than most do it yourself cooking shows. I was thinking that I could maybe put in a little humor by way of repetition.
My intended audience would be college age and maybe even the cooking inept because Spomac is so easy to make. Spomac is meatless or vegetarian (which can sometimes scare non-vegetarians away from trying it) and so I would introduce it as easy and delicious but also vegetarian-friendly and healthy.

Marcus Coates

Marcus Coates Interview
in conversation with Adriana Marques and Erica Burton, picnic bench, battersea park

http://www.humannature.org.uk/artists/marcus-coates/index.html

MARCUS COATES, Dawn Chorus, 2007
http://www.balticmill.com/whatsOn/present/ExhibitionDetail.php?exhibID=61

Yoko Ono

Performance of Cut Piece, 1965 Carnegie Hall, in New York
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqXSjFB08C8
http://www.medienkunstnetz.de/works/cut-piece/

Project II :: Instruct!

1601-3 Time and Interactivity
Assignment II :: a video primer
Your second project will be an introduction to working with video – recording, editing, exporting and presenting.

Project II :: Instruct!
What happens when previously inaccessible technologies become available to the masses? What happens when virtually any individual can instantly share their thoughts, opinions or instructions with a global audience? With so many potential voices, who makes the rules? Who decides on the "correct" way to do things or the "best" things to own? What is the role of the expert or the professional? What is the role of the amateur?

Your second project will allow you to think broadly about these issues and express your ideas using digital video and sound.

The video composition will be inspired by DIY (do-it-yourself) culture, instructional videos, guidebooks, tutorials, etc. The 4-5 minute video should creatively "instruct" the viewer on a topic of interest to you. Topics might range from "how to make an organic tuna sandwich" to "fomenting a communist uprising". As you develop your video, you must consider your audience – whom are you making this video for? You must think about the social, political and/or cultural associations of your topic and the meanings that your video might generate. You should gather your project ideas from the objects and thoughts that surround you on a daily basis – from the things you find absurd, useful, ridiculous, or so simple that we might otherwise miss it.

The ultimate goal of this project is not to simply reproduce an instructional video or guided experience. Instead it is intended to help you think about audience, empowerment, cultural associations, authorship, sequence, and DIY strategies. Within this exploration you should also think about the value of humor in commenting on our contemporary situation.

Technical Goals
* Learn to use DV cameras
* Become familiar with basic lighting techniques
* Learn to edit video using Final Cut Pro
* Learn to distribute video via the Internet

Way-points and Due-dates
* 8 October
Project Research and Proposal: Write a 400-500 word project proposal including: your topic, why it interests you, a set of initial ideas for making your video (technique, location, style etc), describe your intended audience. Make drawings, find images, and reference other art, projects or sources that inspire you. Post it all on the blog. Be ready to discuss your initial ideas in class.

* 17 October
Rough videos drafts due. Upload a rough cut to Mediamill and share it with me.

* 24 October
Final videos due for group critique. Post your video (640x480 Flash) and a brief 200-300 word reflection on the blog before class.

Joe Scanlan

DIY Coffin: You Can Kill Yourself Anywhere in the World for Under $399, 2001
http://www.designobserver.com/archives/015582.html

Guy Ben-Ner

Moby Dick, 2003
http://m--a--p.net/4.html

Treehouse Kit, 2005
http://www.cca.org.il/guy-ben-ner/

http://www.postmastersart.com/archive/guy05/guy05_window.html