Are "Bette Davis Eyes" a Preexisting Condition?

The societal issues and other issues that my mind and heart gnaw on make me consider creating my own personal and anonymous blog for blathering. I find it interesting that rather than thinking of writing in a journal, I would think of using a blog to process my thoughts and possibly even share them and gain input on them. (Hey, some people have blogs that people read and comment on.)

"No way!"
"Get out!"
"No, it's true, I tell you!"

What is behind our rising desire for others to know our sandwich at lunch was dry and our dog's vet visit is past due? And why does knowing those things about an otherwise stranger make me think I'm "building community?"

Other minds than mine consider this and have macerated it well.

I love the "why?" questions.

Zune and iPod: Most people compare the Zune to the Touch, but after seeing how slim and surprisingly small and light it is, I consider it to be a rather unique hybrid that combines qualities of both the Touch and the Nano. It's very colorful and lovely OLED screen is slightly smaller than the touch screen, but the player itself feels quite a bit smaller and lighter. It weighs about 2/3 as much, and is noticeably smaller in width and height, while being just a hair thicker.

I think that it is because we are social beings, and perhaps feel somewhat cut off from community in our modern world, that this search for community and connection meets an intrinsic need.

Oli Hille
Author

My old man got me into Arrogant Bastard, mostly for the humor of it all. I like a beer that insults me openly as I drink it and pour over the contents. I havent had much from Stone Brewing, but enough to know that they are the best microbrewery back in my home state of California.