Recently in productivity Category

Who Are You?

In a meeting this morning, a colleague related that the first concept discussed in an Organizational Development workshop was "self awareness." Most of us nodded our heads sagely.
.
The foundational requirement for self awareness in positive learning and change is a truism for a reason. It's true. And when you say it, people nod their heads. And we pat ourselves on the back because of all the people in the room, we, undoubtedly, are the *most* self-aware.
.
Uh-huh.
.
By definition, it is unlikely to know the places where you are *not* self-aware. (Yup. I'm smart like that.) There are some ways to find your blind spots. Stay tuned. I'll explore a few of these in future posts.

It's a show about nothing!

Here are your tasks:

• Tell me. What is it you do, exactly?

• Write a description for the staff newsletter about the project.

• Why should I go to that training?

• Fit that idea into a Twitter post!

• Find a mate! (like Dilbert, here with a well-crafted message...)

Dilbert.com

This website from Harvard helps you craft your elevator speech. Nifty tool.

The elevator speech is a finely tuned message geared for delivery in approximately one minute - for example, in the amount of time you have when on an elevator with the target of your message.

Puff the Magic Pixily

Stumbled across this new service today. What if I could take my stacks of magazine clippings, recipes, receipts, important documents, etc. and have them uploaded for me...searchable, organizable, shareable, printable,..... Pixily sez they can do that. It is really tempting!

If I would have done this prior to the robbery, I would have all my important documents accessible still. But then, if wishes were fishes.....

http://www.snackfeed.com/plugin/thumbnails/1ec42259d4468e5fb078c63ae87443b0.png