Step Right Up, Folks!

I'm working with a small group on creating an "Emerging Tech Expo" for the UMN Libraries. It is scheduled for November 18th. So many cool things out there to show and talk about. If I could figure out how to enable my comments, I would ask all of you (e.g. all 2 of you? and that includes me), to give suggestions for capturing people's impressions during the event.

Apparently, checking each check box that says "Accept Comments?" is not sufficient.

pfft.

Future Shock

From a Web 2.0 presentation by Mary Meeker ..this quotation jumped out at me...
The next wave of corporate productivity gains should be paced by Web 2.0 driven collaboration tools that use the network as the platform to enable users to connect ‘any device to any content over any combination of networks’
(John Chambers, CEO, Cisco Systems)

Every day there is something new...today it was Joost...my brain is developing stretch marks.

Timing is Everything

Not suprisingly, there are differences in delivery preferences between library staff and the biz folks I've been working with. Get the business group in and out by 9:30 a.m., feed 'em breakfast, and they're good to go. I've heard some rumblings that several people would prefer later starts on sessions.

Yeah, me too.