Edge's review of Assassin's Creed II

Edge magazine is known among gamers alike as the "professional, sophisticated" magazine of gaming. Their reviews of games match that sophistication.

In their November issue Edge reviewed Assassin's Creed II, which was released November 17th on the Xbox 360 and PS3. Assassin's Creed II was among one of the biggest titles to be released on 2009.

In this game you take the role of an assassin seeking revenge during the 15th/16th century of Venice and Florence.

The beginning of this feature starts off with humor, which is always a welcomed addition. As a reader that addition of humor pulls you in, while also being insulting if you are the targeted crowd.

The flow of this review makes it easy for readers to follow. It provides a perfect outline of what is featured in the game.

Edge does a great job of not being opinionated in the review. It gives the positives and negatives of the game and allows the reader to make up their own opinions/choices.

As someone who knows nothing about video games, the feature itself was a little difficult to follow-all the game lingo, titles, and war terms...I think the author was trying to go for that kind of language, however, since it is a site specifically for people interested in a game review who would know more about the topic.

What I did understand though was specific mentioning of what was specifically good or bad a/b the game. I agree w/ you that the feature says positives and negatives...but I would disagree that it's not opinionated. Actually the author points out that the excellent narrative of the game isn't enough to cover up the terribly cluttered map feature. You might want to point out that the feature's overall grade is that the game "doesn't quite cut it."

After reading the article on the newest video game, I am left wondering what I just read. Like you have stated, the reviewer does a nice job with telling you what all goes into the video game and what happens through out it. However, sometimes the reviewer just mentions things and doesn't explain why that is important to someone who has never played the game.

As well I thought I was out of the loop. Many times in his review he says this is like or unlike certain other video games. As someone who hasn't played those games as of yet, this can make the review even more confusing than it needs to be. I agree with you that the humor of the opening was needed, but I did not believe it draw me in like it did for you.

This page contains a single entry by gandy011 published on December 2, 2009 5:34 PM.

The Last of Heath was the previous entry in this blog.

The Road Is the Most Important Movie of the Year is the next entry in this blog.