« The Bush Administration vs. the American Public | Main | Human Rights and Governance Issues in Africa »

Glocalization comes to U (Tea with Fidel Castro)

Hello all,

Humphrey Institute alumni Patrick Mendis will present his book Glocalization: The Human Side of Globalization as if the Washington Consensus Mattered, and will also discuss the importance of being published for a career in the public sector and international affairs. Please join us for an interesting presentation in Freeman Commons (Room 205) at the Humphrey Center on Friday, March 30th.

9:30am - Patrick Mendis would speak about his career, the importance of being published, and his book Glocalization.
10:15am - Q&A
10:30am - Book signing

What about the tea with Fidel Castro? Follow this link , and come to the meeting to learn more.

See you there!

More information about the book:
The essays are original analyzes and first-hand observations of global forces operating in the Caribbean, Latin America, Africa, and Asia. With a historical framework of globalization and freedom, the author, who taught at the University of Pittsburgh's Semester at Sea Program, critically explores the influence of U.S. foreign policies and American values that has affected these countries where freedom prevails. For example, the author argues with Fidel Castro and his worldview on freedom and human security while a unique process of glocalization takes place in Cuba. With illustrative maps and photos, the distinctive interdisciplinary analysis presents vivid faces of the human side of globalization as it interplays with local communities. The book is about free enterprise and political freedom as the new American influence through the Washington Consensus – the “Trinity of Washington? and its “Ten Commandments? – continues with unintended consequences by glocalizing every society and each of us.

Location of Humphrey Center and Nearest Parking

Book information and tsunami scholarships

Information about Patrick Mendis in the Who's Who of Asian Americans

Organized by the Global Policy Forum (Culture Corps Series of Presentations), PASA, and the Humphrey Career Center.

I havenˇ¦t checked in here for a while because I thought it was getting boring, but the last few posts are good quality so I guess I will add you back to my everyday bloglist. You deserve it my friend :)

Sorry for the huge review, but I'm really loving the new Zune, and hope this, as well as the excellent reviews some other people have written, will help you decide if it's the right choice for you.

A thoughtful insight and ideas I will use on my website. You've obviously spent some time on this. Congratulations!