This is an attempt to make a blog for the Global Policy Society/Forum (we should decide about the name:), where we can exchange ideas about various global issues. It is intended primarily (but not only) for students in the Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs and the University of Minnesota
Here are some kind of guidelines that it might be worth following by all of us. I have seen most of them in other blogs, and they tend to make the usage of the blog more efficient and easy to work with. Please add your comments and proposals!
1. Please, read the FAQs before asking questions about the usage of the blog. Your question might already have been answered :)
2. There are three basic ways to post information on the blog - (1) make a new category and post a new entry there, (2) post a new entry in an existing category, or (3) post a comment to an already existing entry.
3. Please, attach the respective category, when you post your entry.
4. Please, do not create new categories if there are similar existing ones that correspond with the topic of your message. It makes the blog much easier to follow.
5. Be aware of copyright issues when you share information. It is your personal responsibility.
6. In your postings, write e-mail addresses in the form: name at umn.edu, where at represents @. In this way, web site scanning programs cannot read them and use them to send spam e-mails.
7. Avoid language that you would not use when you participate in real life conversations.
Well, that's all I can think up now. Please, leave suggestions and let's make this blog a lively, interesting, and entertaining (virtual) place.